Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Hello please tell me the name of tools for Designing Websites.
    Regards
    James.

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    Notepad++ for editing scripts:
    http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

FileZilla for FTP transfer of files:
    http://filezilla-project.org/

Both are free, and that's really all you need.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Yup...

Now on the other end of the spectrum if your willing to spend thousands of dollars to point and click and get overly bloated code... Adobe software is the ticket.

Member #
    for beginners go for Wordpress or Joomla you dont need to know any coding and its 100% free with a million tutorials on the net

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LearnWebDesign, post: 230446
    for beginners go for Wordpress or Joomla you dont need to know any coding and its 100% free with a million tutorials on the net
    That's certainly an option if you just want to put a site together with minimal fuss and knowledge but if your question is referring more to what tools you will need to build a site with code you have written yourself then mlseim's response is the better option. Do a google search on free html editors and pick one that suits you. There are other reasonably priced pay for programs available like microsoft expression. If you want to also add web graphics then I would highly recommend adobe photoshop. It's costly but it is by far the most superior photo editor and paint program available.

As for learing how to use all of these, write html/css there are plenty of useful resources on the web that can help you on your way

Member #
    I think Dreamweaver is best tool for making a good and attractive website. This tool will really help you in making attractive website.

[no signature links until you contribute 25 posts ... please read WDF posting rules]

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by LearnWebDesign, post: 230446
    Sounds like my ideal plan. I'm older with an engineering background but not interested in learning a bunch of details. I'd like to try a few quick implementations. Thanks for the direction!

Member #
    My current basic combo is pspad, photoshop, mozilla firebug, webdeveloper
    IETester is also very useful

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I use MS Visual Studio Pro. There is a free express version of MS Visual Web Developer but I have not used it. What makes it nice is the Intelesense for when you code it gives you suggestions if you are unsure. You can also use the design view for creating without typing any code, but this limits the scope of the site you are designing. The main reason I like VWD is you can create pages in HTML, or ASPX for a more dynamic site, with a VB.Net backend for certain funtions that HTML does not offer.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.
    JSWEBZ
    The future of affordable web design.
    www.jswebz.com
    JS-Web Design Facebook page

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jswebz, post: 234389
    I use MS Visual Studio Pro. There is a free express version of MS Visual Web Developer but I have not used it. What makes it nice is the Intelesense for when you code it gives you suggestions if you are unsure. You can also use the design view for creating without typing any code, but this limits the scope of the site you are designing. The main reason I like VWD is you can create pages in HTML, or ASPX for a more dynamic site, with a VB.Net backend for certain funtions that HTML does not offer.
    I tried out the express version of VS and it seem to have all the important features, but I never went too deep so I don't know what is missing.

I personally like Sublime Text 2. It almost has a like shareware philosophy. It's free to use, but every so often you'll get a pop-up.

For the design phase, I use InDesign. But you could use virtually any image software for that.

I love using the web inspector in Google Chrome, which is virtually the same as Firebug.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads