Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi all,

I have a quick questions, I am currently using Heart Internet specifically their Reseller package. It's up for renewal and I was wondering if there were more suited packages about.

I currently host about 10 sites for friends and a couple of clients, nothing major or huge.

The Heart package I'm on is 500 a year or there abouts so seems quite a bit for what I use.

Any advice anyone can give me?

Also, anyone recommend a good site management system, I have a client wanting a retail site which they would need to control, I've not implemented one of these before so a good/easy to use one would be great.

Thanks in advance,
    John

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    As far as the host goes, figure out the bandwidth/storage/other resources you use and find a package that meets or exceeds those expectations from hosts, and then do research to see if those hosts are reputable. Keep in mind that you're going to have to really dig in on this research because a lot of the reviews are shill reviews, so you're going to have to have a sixth sense as to what's BS and what's real.

I'd make a recommendation in this regard, but you're in the UK and my host of choice is based in the US.

As far as site management systems go, I personally build my own because the alternatives, quite frankly, suck. They're bloated and too difficult for my clients to use, so they generally don't.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Since hosting ( yes even reseller hosting ), is a lot about "you get what you pay for", if the hosting service and support where you are currently at is doing the job, there is always a value associated with staying where you are.

Consider all the work needed to move your current sites to another server. And any issues with interruptions to your clients sites.

If none of that is really an issue, like TheGame said, do your research, there are way too many hosting providers that don't live up to their "reviews", since you're a reseller, you probably know that there are tons of hosting running on sub standard networks and infrastructure. They may have hundreds of servers but if they have a crappy network infrastructure or crappy support, you and your clients sites will ultimately suffer.

I use a reseller service here in the states and have never had an issue that a simple email or 5 minute phone call didn't resolve. Since you're in the UK , mine wouldn't be worth even mentioning. Although they have great connections, there are way to many failure points between here and there ... All outside of our control.

Good luck, let us know who you decide on and why... I've had people in the past asking for good based hosting.

Remove Ads