Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    http://www.sanclunatic.byethost6.com...te/artwork.php

I am trying to create an image slideshow here. And I want the thumbnail bar to scroll until the first and last thumbnails reach the center. I was able to do it using padding with the first image but the last image, won't. I can do it using a bunch of nbsps but that's kinda cheap and not intuitive as I will be implementing this in a grid layout. Is there any way to control how far it scrolls. The thumbnails are also actually backgrounds of floating divs.

*Also this is an old design of my web page. I dont want to hear it about the layout and tables and whatever ugliness you can find in that page. I am creating a whole new website. I am just using this one to build on. I just need help on THIS particular thing right now. :ninja:

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    If you can use   to push the div in the right direction, then you should be able to use the margin attribute to adjust the position..

Just a thought

Member #
    Doesnt work. I tried. Margin or padding.

Member #
    If possible I would prefer like a code even using javascript that will force the overflowing area to scroll until the ends of the content are in the center. Rather than something that may alter the layout like inserting nbsps or something. Padding and Margin too but that doesnt work for the right side.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Try on the #thumbnailbar. Div. text-align: center;

Member #
    Tried that. Didn't work!

Member #
    I fixed it. Somehow padding right and margin left did the trick as well as adjusting the height. o0

Is there a more efficient advanced way to make that image bar? Using jQuery or something?

Remove Ads