Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi everyone. When I try to post a link to the news page of my site on facebook, it won't show the link preview. I found instructions to add the following metadata to the <head> of a web-page to solve this issue:

<meta property="og:title" content="title" />
    <meta property="og:description" content="description" />
    <meta property="og:image" content=""link to thumbnail image" />

If I add this code to one of the individual frame pages, then post a link to that, it works. If I try adding this code to my frame index.html page however, no dice.

I realise frames are probably antiquated and everything but is there a way around this that doesn't involve me re-coding my news page? Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Yup frames are pretty old... Haven't used them in over 12 years.. Oh wait... Maybe longer.

Make sure your meta tags are in the frame page head...

When using frames... The head of the frame page is what controls the behavior of all the pages in the frame... Kinda like parent and child attributes

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 230945
    Yup frames are pretty old... Haven't used them in over 12 years.. Oh wait... Maybe longer.

Make sure your meta tags are in the frame page head...

When using frames... The head of the frame page is what controls the behavior of all the pages in the frame... Kinda like parent and child attributes
    Cheers for your response, fixed the problem now. The issue was I'd left conflicting meta-tags in one of the frame pages from earlier experimenting. At this rate I'll be able to code for a living (once the market for retro-kitsch web-coding opens up)

Remove Ads