Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Fancybox issues

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Quick question, or maybe not so quick? :furious:
    lol but I followed the directions here: http://fancybox.net/howto
    This is the page in question: http://shovenose.com/portfolio.php
    So, that little image under the WEB DESIGN/DEVELOPEMENT PORTFOLIO header is my test image for fancybox. Now, when I click it, it opens the image, but not in jquery popup, instead it opens it all by itself
    what am I doing wrong?

By the way, if you go to http://fancybox.net/ and look at the Examples part of it, I want the "elastic" animation.

Thank you

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    The past time I used it... Had the same issue. There is a bit of JavaScript that has to be in the head section of the page that define a the class to tell what instance of jquery to use and what effect... As well as any attributes ( size, effect, nav,... )..

This step is not included in the instructions but clearly visible in the example pages provided with the code. Not seeing anything in the head on that page.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 231086
    The past time I used it... Had the same issue. There is a bit of JavaScript that has to be in the head section of the page that define a the class to tell what instance of jquery to use and what effect... As well as any attributes ( size, effect, nav,... )..

This step is not included in the instructions but clearly visible in the example pages provided with the code. Not seeing anything in the head on that page.
    YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Now that it all works great, I have one question

What is the best way to make a 250x250 thumbnail of the screenshot?
    For example? Click on the first square under the heading The Shovenose.com Network, you should get a screenshot of HWI. Now, what would be the best way to shrink that down to 250x250 while not squishing it?
    Thank you very much!

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    And how the heck do I add a title?
    thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    In the link title="whatever you want the title to be"....

As for resizing... Kinda tricky... Since most screenshots are not the same height and width... Forcing an image into the same ratio will distort something...

I use fireworks... Just resize the image... But let the program keep the proper ratio... So the answer to your question will really depend on what graphics program you have... And do you want to keep the image proportional... It woul end up like more.like 250 x 180 or something like that

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Aha! But it won't display properly
    If you click the first one under the last category, you get the Hardware Insights screenshot. However, the title isn't in that nice rounded-edge bubble thing I want tit to be in... it's just off to the side. I looked at their example but I can't figure out where to put the CSS for that...
    Also, if you click on the first one under the Free phpBB Styles category, (you should get a blurb about World phpBB style) see how there is an image? I want a fancybox within a fancybox, how do I do that?

Remove Ads