Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Web Form?

Member #
    Hi All,

My name is Ian and I'm pretty much a newbie to web design and development. I'm hoping someone can help me with a particular request.

I want to put a form in a page for business cards where potential customers can type in their business details and the information entered can be immediately viewed on a template on the same webpage (see attached image). What you see on the attached image is the result i need to achieve.

Is there a certain tool or app or program i need to achieve this?

Thanks in advance
    Iancustomise-web-page.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    What you want to do is going to be really advanced. I suppose it could be done with Flash,
    or with extensive PHP GD manipulation. There are pre-made scripts made like this:
    http://productsdesigner.com/online-card-designer-v21

It's expensive though ... because it is advanced, professional software.

With PHP GD, it would be easy to put text on a graphic and control size and position,
    but to build the GUI (graphical user interace), and have drag-drop images, real-time
    moving of text, font changes, colors ... that's a really big deal.

I don't think you just want to stick text on an image with premade graphics.
    You won't sell any cards. People want more options, including their own graphics,
    and infinite ways to design their own cards.

Not meaning to burst your bubble, but there is a reason why t-shirt, business card, and
    various graphic printers purchase $2500 software (like the example link I gave). You get
    what you pay for. It's a tough business with thousands of online sites doing the same thing.

Remove Ads