Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    First of all let me say what's up to everyone! I just signed up on the forum. I'm sure you'll hear a lot from me so hopefully you guys are welcoming . But anyway, on with the point...

I think I'm ready to start learning JavaScript. I was wondering if there are any preferred books I could read?
    Or any good sites? I would like to start slow obviously instead of reading things that would be way over my head.
    Anything would be great!

p.s. Or am i going in the wrong direction after learning HTML and CSS, should I move on to PHP instead of JavaScript?
    If so, then the questions from above apply to PHP, or whatever the next step may be.

-Kevin :help:

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    Google is your best reference. There are so many free tutorials on all of the scripting languages.
    Learning javascript first is an OK idea. In fact, if you look more at the javascript frameworks like
    JQuery ... that would be good also.

Have a place where you can play. Get a real webhosting account ... a cheap one for maybe
    $40 a year, and use that as your playground to experiment with script examples.

Any programming language or learning how program flow works is good to know. You can learn
    them all together if you wish. Javascripting, PHP

You'll find thousands of script examples online that use PHP and javascripting together, that's
    what AJAX is (if you see that method mentioned on websites).

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Try this for JS: http://www.codecademy.com/
    karrma likes this.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim, post: 231606
    Google is your best reference. There are so many free tutorials on all of the scripting languages.
    Learning javascript first is an OK idea. In fact, if you look more at the javascript frameworks like
    JQuery ... that would be good also.

Have a place where you can play. Get a real webhosting account ... a cheap one for maybe
    $40 a year, and use that as your playground to experiment with script examples.

Any programming language or learning how program flow works is good to know. You can learn
    them all together if you wish. Javascripting, PHP

You'll find thousands of script examples online that use PHP and javascripting together, that's
    what AJAX is (if you see that method mentioned on websites).
    Alright, i just wanted to be able to fully understand it rather then copy and pasting scripts. And I found a sick link on jQuery if you're interested, but I saw a few post about jQuery saying that if you haven't learned javascript then it'll be harder to grasp jQuery. I've also seen AJAX multiple times but didn't know exactly what it was. I'm not, not, going to use google, I was just wondering if there was somehere i could learn a solid foundation on js rather than bits and pieces here and there. I'm also going to learn PHP but I'm taking one thing at a time lol.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Roe, post: 231607
    I will definitely check it out. Thanks for the reply.

Remove Ads