Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey everyone,

I'm searching for a service or application that will allow me to selectively aggregate rss feeds into one feed.
    By this I mean I would like to subscribe to multiple rss feeds, and select individual posts / content to forward to one output feed.

If anyone knows of a way to accomplish this achieve similar results, any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks a lot!

Member #
    Liked
    720 times
    You can use PHP to grab RSS feeds and then you do whatever you want with the data.
    Give us a list of some feeds you want to use. Selecting individual posts will be harder
    because the feeds change all the time. It's easy to select the 3 latest posts (for example),
    but to find a particular post will be tough.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    I've done this with asp ( with some success ), by dumping the feeds I grab into a MySQL DB, and then for my output, I would query the DB based on my search criteria...

All depends on the feeds youre pulling and how often the data changes...

Ideally... For accuracy in your search results... You would need to not only pull the rss feeds but any that fit the criteria, at least the first hundred words or so of the article and put them into the DB...

Mine runs ( or did run ) every 15 minutes... Ran like a charm for like 6 months... Then some of the sites started changing their RSS feed structures ( another issue with this method ), and I had to go modify my update / insert statements...

Member #
    Liked
    720 times
    Also, the feeds themselves are controlled by the author. Some put ALL of the text (content)
    into their feeds, others only feed the first 200 characters and you need to click a link to
    see the rest of the feed. It's hit or miss on how they are done, and as Webzarus says, they
    change without warning.

Remove Ads