Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi, I'm getting back into web page development after a 10 year hiatus. I'm struggling I so many solutions and the complexities of tools and methods are driving metro drink. I need someone to show me how I can embed a WMV file into a web page using, Microsoft Expression or Dreamweaver which both I am learning, evaluating at the moment. Perhaps if these tools are not to use, tell me. I need to launch a education kindergarten website in the next 2 months. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Member #
    Liked
    197 times
    Microsoft Expression Web 4 comes with a program called Silverlight and Encoder. You should have them either installed or ready to install with the EW4 program.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    In the 10 year hiatus, the web has changed a lot. You no longer embed WMV or MOV files into a webpage; people would just leave. YouTube (or other video hosting websites) is a very viable solution and there is nothing unprofessional about it. Hosting on a site like YouTube also saves a lot of bandwidth by a massive amount.

However, if you are so set on uploading your own videos, you should look into Video.js. It's a much more future proof solution. It uses HTML5 video as default, which will be replacing flash video in the not so distant future, and it's here to stay as far as I could tell. The player also has a flash fallback as many people has an outdated browser.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Kayo is right, upload your videos to Vimeo or Youtube. I have started using http://videolightbox.com/ which is a great program! You can see it in action here http://jesseyoungforcongress.com/media.php

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Vimeo is more professional than YouTube, IMO, so I would use that!

Remove Ads