Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Design software

Member #
    Hello, I am looking for a webdesign software. It should be purely design, no coding on the background, I know these, you save it and open it again and mess is going around, also you usually have to open it in the same software to work properly. The coding will be done by another person from a scratch, just with pictures (pdfs) of the design. I am no designer, so I tried photoshop, didn't work for me, as I think it's just for photos, no simple drawing of new things. I searched the web but couldn't find anything appropriate, it's always with the coding part. And please, I could buy some adobe softwares (like illustrator), but have in mind, that I am a computer technician and like to keep it simple with design, no difficult stuff. Thanks for answering in advance :-)

Member #
    I think you should design your own software, because free things are not as good, not good, not as you want, you should create something of your own.Wish you soon.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    To be honest with you, there is no free software out there that I know of that is really any good. Photoshop is in fact the best program to use and I know very few high end designers that don't use adobe products for something. Personally, I use a combination of illustrator and photoshop. Illustrator helps me get the actual shaping I need and photoshop helps me add the tweaks and layers.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    All graphics design programs require a "learning curve", to utilize them to the potential they were designed around.

Photoshop is not just for "pictures", it is the "defacto" graphics design software used by motions of professionals.

Adobe illustrator is probably more along the lines of what you are looking for, but it's just a branch off from photoshop, for people like you. But anything you can do "graphically" in illustrator, you can do in photoshop too... It's just a skill level thing.

GIMP is and has been a very powerful graphics program that is open source and free, but again, there's a pretty large learning curve to create what I can only assume you looking for.

Remove Ads