Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Hi guys,

I've been trying to get the OSCommerce shopping cart to work for quite a while now with no luck. My main issue is that I need to have the quantity of products ordered to be in a decimal format because the site is a fabric site. Customers need to be able to buy fabric in 1/4 and 1/2 yards hence the decimals. I have spent ages on this and my friend is getting itchy for her site. I've tried to get answers from their forum but haven't had much luck there either. The shopping cart is not working so I'll need to reload a new one. Luckily we haven't added any product yet--just test products.

So I was thinking of switching it out for a different shopping cart--perhaps the Wordpress one. Anyone have any experiences they'd like to share? Good or bad? I need something simple but sturdy. I am really ripping my hair out here! :banghead:

Thanks!

P.S. I realize I don't post much on this site but there are two reasons for that. (1) I like to try and figure things out myself before bothering anyone and (2) I'm not as knowledgeable as I'd like to be so I usually have more questions than answers.

Member #
    Liked
    197 times
    Are you saying decimal as in:
    1/4 = .025 and 1/2 being .5000 ?
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Only 2 decimal points such as 1/4 = .25. 1/2 = .50. 1-1/2 = 1.50. It hadn't occurred to me to go any further. I got a txt file from someone at OSCommerce and made the changes suggested in the product_quantity.php file and the shopping cart.php file but they didn't work and now the shopping cart will not accept any quantities over 1 without throwing up an error so I suspect it's corrupt now. I changed the settings back to their original settings but it didn't work. I made the changes by going into the PHPMyAdmin panel and changed the configurations in the databases. I think I will have to either reload the same shopping cart or a new one.

Here's the link if you would like a look.
    http://shop.kilboraquiltshoppe.com/catalog/

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    I wouldn't use WordPress just because it's WordPress and it's inherently insecure.

This might, however, be a simple fix...reinstall the OSCommerce cart and see if the quantity field type for the shopping cart order product table (the place where the line items go...I don't know what it's called in OSC because I haven't used it in 7 years) can be changed to a decimal from an integer. If it can, you're probably golden from there.
    Alanna Baxter likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Thanks. I'm stuck with Wordpress for now because the site is already created in WP. I have, however, created a sub-domain for the shop part just in case I ran into problems such as this. I'll remove the shop and reinstall it today and see if I can find where the decimal settings need to go. Barring that, I researched OpenCart and they seem to have a fix for the decimal issue. I realized that it's not just about changing INT to decimal on the product quantity and the shopping cart. I also have to change it for the product stock and perhaps a few other places. Not as simple as I thought.

Thanks for your help!

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    So in the end, I ended up removing OSCommerce and installing OpenCart. Hopefully, I'll have better luck!

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    OpenCart looks very nice!
    I installed it on one of my sites for a quick look, I like it!

Remove Ads