Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Quote Originally Posted by david hussey, post: 241927
    yes tables make the work more easy for me.. i don't know for what others think of tablets but i prefer tables for this.. :-)
    Tables are for tabular data, hence "tables", never were intended for layout or design layouts.
    Why ? Because for years when a browser encounters a <table> tag, the browser starts parsing the information inside the table tags, but does not display anything until all the code is read.

This means that the more information, graphics, navigations, JavaScript etc , the longer it will take before a visitor actually sees anything.

If you design using divs instead of tables, the browser actually starts displaying items in the browser as they are being read, making the visitor not have to wait until they see your content.

Tables are for tabular data, not for layouts.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 241932
    Tables are for tabular data, hence "tables", never were intended for layout or design layouts.
    Why ? Because for years when a browser encounters a <table> tag, the browser starts parsing the information inside the table tags, but does not display anything until all the code is read.

This means that the more information, graphics, navigations, JavaScript etc , the longer it will take before a visitor actually sees anything.

If you design using divs instead of tables, the browser actually starts displaying items in the browser as they are being read, making the visitor not have to wait until they see your content.

Tables are for tabular data, not for layouts.
    I think he meant tablets.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kirman, post: 241922
    cheers for all the comments

Just out of interest then... Do you use one of those pen tools that you can buy so rather than using the mouse to draw on photoshop for example you simply draw it using a pen..

Im sure they are called tablets?

If you do let me know as i may buy one lol I've just had a go at tracing an image and its driving me nuts! lol

Thanks again
    Wacom years ago, pretty useless. I use the outline tools built into fireworks, use the freeform tool to adjust shapes, slicing tool to chop the shapes where needed, then join all the outlines to create mask.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    yes the pen tool is the one ... as Webzarus mentioned, blow up the logo x4, then recreate the shapes using the pen tool (this can also work for re-creating a long lost font)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads