Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Hello,
    How would I look up the hosting provider behind a website based on an address typed into a form? like:
    http://www.whoishostingthis.com/
    But i need something like this, for me to use, that doesn't have annoying ads.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Www.whois.sc

If you search the domain name, you will get the IP address, if you already have the ip adresss and search with it, it will tell you who is assigned to manage the ip block its in.

If the IP address is assigned to a hosting company, there name will show up, unless of course the hosting company is a reseller, then the parent company or parent company alias ( moat resellers uses Alias's ) ... But can usually be tracked down to the parent company by searching the ip blocks themselves unless of course the alias has their own full ip block assigned outside of the parent companies ip block assignments.

Usually wont take more than 3 searches to find who owns what, but its not always that simple. You might have to also do an ICANN or RIPENET Whois lookup.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    See,that is too much work. I like whoishostingthis.com but it has annoying ads and pop UPS!

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Well I was going to tell you about using DOS for this, but if this is too much work... Then using DOS would be cruel and unusual punishment for you.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 241872
    Well I was going to tell you about using DOS for this, but if this is too much work... Then using DOS would be cruel and unusual punishment for you.
    lol? sure, I can ping anyrandomdomain.com in command prompt... but that's not fun
    I want to learn how to do this!

Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 241872
    Shovenose, I think Webzarus has your number ole boy. You might as well turn over and go back to sleep on that one. lol I liked that statement.
    shovenose likes this.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bleau canon, post: 241900
    Shovenose, I think Webzarus has your number ole boy. You might as well turn over and go back to sleep on that one. lol I liked that statement.
    lol

Remove Ads