Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi,

A client gave me some .alb files which are meant to be some sort of album/picture file. Does anyone know of a program that I can use to open these files and extract individual pictures from?

Cheers

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Anytime I work with a client, I make sure they understand before hand what file types are acceptable and its their responsibility to provide in the proper formats.

Without knowing what they created the file in, your best bet is for you to politely ask them to send the files in a format you can work with, or tell you what program they used to create the file.

If the program they used cost $$$, ask them to provide the files in a format your fan use like .jpg, .png or .psd, most every program has an "export" function ...

I just love it when a client sends me an obscure file format, but then again, all of those things are discussed and agreed upon before they become a client.

I've actually turned down clients when they tell me they will send me their "MS PUBLISHER" files and I can sort through and get what I need. My take is, when I take on a client, we form a business relationship, I listen to them, they listen to me, if one of use is not listening, it just leads to problems down the road. If they don't have enough techincal knowledge I try to help, but if they just out and out ignore my request, they can and quickly become someone else's client and problem.

I just tell them I'm too busy to take on a new client, and I'm not lying to them when I do it, I just don't tell them I'm too busy to take them on as a client.

If its a learning experience that you're trying to figure this out, that's all fine and good. Go for it, but if they are suppose to be providing you images for a project your getting paid for, you shouldn't have to install software on your machine to open some kind of file that you're not expecting. And will more than likely be the only time you use the software.

Remove Ads