Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Primary

Member #
    hi..
    i want to build a php shopping website with the best and newest method of web designing..
    but i`m primary and i dont know which editor to use , or what should i know to have efficient ,fast and customer friendly web..
    i dont have enought time,but i have a group to work together..
    please help me to know more about ..
    thanks..

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Understand your target market, figure out what you can build that will demonstrate a unique selling proposition for that target market, and go from there.

If you want a better answer than that, you're going to have to go into more detail as far as what type of site you are trying to build and what its purpose is.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    you know..
    i want to know the steps..
    forexample first i shoud select an editor for php..
    but i `m confused with many complicated fileds in web design..
    i dont know how to & where to & for what purpose use seo,cms,css,ajax & ....
    what are best sourses for me to use?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Again, you're not going to get that answer with the information you've provided. There's no one-size-fits-all answer to building an effective website. The steps you use to build this website may not have anything in common with the steps I use to build mine or anyone else's.

What it sounds like you need more than anything else is a plan...you need to sit down with a web consultant and figure out what you want to build, what you can build, what each member of your "group" can do (they should be involved in this process, by the way), what technologies you should/shouldn't use, etc. What you need will also come with a price tag, because you're getting someone to plan your business (at least someone who knows what they're doing).

In other words, if you don't know the technical aspects, your only answer will be to hire someone who does. Unfortunately, your question is beyond the scope of a forum, especially with the lack of detail you've given us.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    ok,yr right..what kind of info should i get u for efficient help!?
    if u mean i should explain my purpose i can say that i want to build a shopping website that seller can advertise thsere and customers can see all products in suitable categories and select that and pay for it online..
    in first page i want some advetise from produser and ...
    and something like that..some thing that a shopping website contain..something looks like amazon..

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    mJaho,

Is this for a company, or is this a school project?

You mentioned you have a "group" to work together.
    What is a "group"? A graphic designer, a programmer,
    a business educated person? It sounds like you don't
    have a group because the "group" would be answering
    your questions together. Maybe your group is two people?

I can't figure out how someone could get a group together
    to start an online business with no online business experience.

What is your website going to do that Amazon isn't doing?
    Why would people want to use your website?
    What are you selling online?
    What are the demographics, who will your customers be?
    What about inventory, shipping, returns, credit cards, problems?
    There are so many other questions to ask before you get to
    the point where you're asking questions now.

I'm not trying to discourage you, but you'll be putting in
    many, many hours of time and effort into this. It won't
    be a program you "just install" and walk away. Even after
    the site is running, it will take Full-Time employees to run
    the online store (just like a real physical store).

Do you have a business plan completed?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Ok, late to the party as usual.

But I'm getting the distinct impression that you have never done this before. Which is why you don't know how to ask for specifics.

That being said, and as previously said, there are no "silver bullet", "one size fits all" answers even to your latest post. What you have posted questions to are generic terms that can be applied to every ecommerce site built, which means for each question there are possibly hundreds of correct answers we could give you, but in effect, will only generate more questions.

As suggested by theGame, you should most definately seek out a professional project planner when it comes to web development specializing in ecommerce. At the bare minimum, have this knowledgable person help you define a project, a map of functions that are needed, a conent and SEO plan that should be built into the system from the ground up.

Without at least a basic plan ( not what you've provided so far ), but a basic plan and strategy, you can then at least start defining different people's parts in the project. Without a plan, you are setting yourself and this project up for failure, because you're going to eithr have people working on stuff that doesn't work to the common goal, or worse yet, people doing a lot of the same work on different parts and people not focusing on other parts that should be done first, then you have people sitting around waiting on someone else to catch up.

The editor question is irrelevant at this point. I personally use notepad++ , for most server side scripting, but I also use a program I've been using for over 10 years as a project management tool as well as a editor. If I suggest that tool, you may feel you need that but I can tell you right now, without a good basic understanding of all the technologies involved, your learning curve just to do basic stuff with it would be probably longer than the time it would take an experienced developer to build the entire project.

You may think that hiring a professional would be a costly investment, but if you can get a project layout, a breakdown of all the different functions and management features ( that you have probably not even thought of ), as well as DB structure , etc.... Lets just say, if you have no idea what you're doing, you'll spend so much time just figuring it out, you could have hired a professional for less than have of the money you wasted figuring it out.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    The questions mlseim asked, along with the several others that would have to be asked, are the reason I suggested getting a business planner. You're going to need a lot of finer details nailed down that can only come from someone with the right type and amount of experience. You can't just say "I want to build a site kind of like Amazon", snap your fingers, and expect it to happen. It just doesn't work that way.

Member #
    you know i just want to design the website..
    some other people do the other bussiness tasks..
    people frome a special city ant perhaps ,later on special country use this website.(its not worldwide like amazon) .
    All sellers with different jobs can advertise there.
    my costomers are all thr people of that spacial state...
    and..
    but i say..again..i just want to design..and my group is not a big group ofcourse.
    we are some people to try a new work and go to web design world..
    so will be happy that some expert help us.

Member #
    ok if i got u ,u all want to say that each purpose with all the details that contain is different from d\the others.
    so i think that i have two part works to do :
    1-be able to design a normal website.
    2- know how to design a shopping website.
    and the second one is something that depends on my work and i should hire a perofessional in e-commerce to help me about what i need.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads