Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

bwd
    Member #
    Hi, I'm trying to find a JQuery slideshow that does the following things;
    1. Allows you to expand the image, like this:
    http://dev.herr-schuessler.de/jquery/popeye/demo.html
    2. 'Lazy loads' the images - I have about 200 images.
    3. Displays thumbnails of the images underneath the main image, like Sample 7 on this page:
    http://www.efectorelativo.net/laboratory/noobSlide/
    (Although not with ridiculously faded out images which are so faded you can't actually see what they are, which renders them pointless.... (I know you can change the opacity, just can't understand why somebody would go to the effort to create that function in their slideshow and then render it useless in the 'chase to invisibility' that seems to be happening all over the web...)

I've found slideshows that do two of the above, but never all three. Does such a slideshow exist?

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I think you are actually looking for two different plugins, one lightbox and one slideshow.
    One thing that I would be careful of in your search is knowing the difference between javascript frameworks. One example you gave was the popeye demo that uses the jQuery framework but the noobslide uses the mootools framework, try to stick with one framework or the other.
    I would recommend using nivoslider then use the popeye plugin that you found for each slide.
    Freelance Web Developer

Remove Ads