Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Ive got a buddy that needs a site but Im unsure on how to go about doing it. I debated a web applet or site that was mobile friendly that will allow an ordering process that could be completed on someones phone but Im unsure on how to proceed with it. Any ideas?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Ok, first you need to decide if you want an APP ? Or a website ? 2 completely different and seperate things. APPS do run on a phone and pull data over the web, a web site runs on a server and everything is on the server.

You can make a "mobile" version for a phone and design it to look and act like an APP, but its still a website, so when you make changes, you only change the server. You dot have to require the users to update their app.

APP development is a completey different animal and usually is a compliment to an existing website ... There are however many apps that evolved long before the site.

I know Poole that when creating a new site, create a simple app that pulls data from the site.. At the same time, but publishing apps can be a very frustrating and time consuming event in itself. It's not like you can just create an APP and people can just load it... For iPhones it goes through a pretty rigorous approval, the google play store is less vigorous ( for android devices ), but still, there is an approval process.

I'd suggest just creating a site first, make it mobile friendly, guage the success and go from there, many use an app as a marketing tool to increase visibility to the site, but most only do that once the site has proven successful.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    html 5 site it is.. probably look into a paypal integration for a purchase through it

Member #
    Hello, I think you can do one thing at a time, either you go with website of app. donít try to do both.

Remove Ads