Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi, I need some help! I'm not a web designer or graphic artist, but I'm trying to put together a WWII based website to honor members of the forgotten soldiers of WWII in charge of building communications lines, (basically just like the telephone poles we have lining our streets, digging the holes, climbing up them to string the wire etc. all while avoiding sniper fire etc.) I'm having trouble coming up with themes and background ideas etc. and was hoping someone out there might graciously donate some time and either help or fully design a website for this? Please message or email me at WW2435thsignal@hotmail.com! Thanks again!

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Too bad you didn't start your project like 10 years ago.
    The WWII vets are dying at a rate of 500 to 1000 per day (depending on your source).

Many vets to this day will not talk about the war, but the ones that do ... it's so interesting.

You may want to include Korea and Vietnam, as you'll have a larger demographics.

How much content do you already have? No use making a website without content.

PS ... good information and statistics on this site: http://www.daughtersofww2.org/
    And what makes you think those soldiers (in communications) are 'forgotten'?

Member #
    Hey Thanks for the reply! Believe me I am so bummed I didn't start this 10 years ago!! So far of the approx. 600 people that served in this battalion betwee 1942-1945 I've collected the names of about 300 so far in the last few months and have found 5 still alive. 1 doesnt wanna talk 1 has slight dementia, but the other 3 have been awesome! Shockingly the most with it helpful one is 99 years old!! And yes I've got tons of content, great content, records, photos etc. and I'm working on collecting more every day! I've been working on this full time!

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Have you subscribed to a webhost and created an account along with a domain name?
    That is the first step.

Remove Ads