Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    My website sells an instructional MP3 download.

My merchant service provider insists that we include a Refund statement on the site, but I cannot find any examples online.

Basically I can see no reason to ever give refunds.. If the audio did not download well I'm happy to send them another active link for free.

Can somebody provide and example for this product or list a site that has examples?

Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Your merchant service provider insist on you having one but won't give you an example ?

Weird

Member #
    Weird or not, hopefully somebody could provide the answer I need.

My MSP offered nothing and it seemed like they never dealt with this sort of product before, at least the person on the phone never had.

Anyone?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    It's actually a fairly common payment processor request, although there aren't a whole lot of examples of them since refund policies depend on the merchant, his/her set of products and circumstances.

The basic idea is that you need to tell people what they can expect as far as exchanges/refunds. Even a simple "exchange only, no refunds" would suffice most of the time.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 245817
    Thanks for the link but it still did not answer my question. I realize I could just say "no refunds" but want a lawyer-ish, business-y, diplomatic way of saying it that won't scare my customers.

Basically my question pertains to the wording. I understand the policies.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 245819
    It's actually a fairly common payment processor request, although there aren't a whole lot of examples of them since refund policies depend on the merchant, his/her set of products and circumstances.

The basic idea is that you need to tell people what they can expect as far as exchanges/refunds. Even a simple "exchange only, no refunds" would suffice most of the time.
    As I understand it, this is for their ( the payment processors ) protection, because if you don't have a statement published with any particular details, they ( the payment processor ), have to refund anyone for any reason ( which cost them money )....

A generic statement would be "no refunds", or "replacement of products or services at the discretion of me".... The payment processors my clients use, provide a template to them for tweaking to their needs... Bu they all pretty much say the same thing... Request for refunds must be accompanied by an RMA and be pre-authorized, all products may be subject to a 25% restocking fee, blah... Blah... Blah...

Member #
    Yeah but this is not a physical/shipable product, there are no restocking fees. Again, it's a matter of wording and I'm hoping somebody can throw out a killer line here. So far I can find no examples for instructional audio downloads.

Yes, I know I can just say "no refunds" but again, I want to say it in a way that does not scare the customers. I need the correct phrasing.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    The correct phrasing is along the lines of "We will be happy to provide you a new audio link download at no additional charge should you experience technical issues. We do not offer refunds."

There really isn't a nice way to say "we don't offer refunds." You're not going to find a template for this or any other sort of thing simply because it's your site and it applies to your specific set of circumstances. There aren't a lot of "instructional audio download" sites out there, so you're pretty much on your own. You can get generic phrases that are one-size-fits-almost-everyone-other-than-you, but you're really not going to get someone to just write that phrase for you unless they're paid a lot to think about it (i.e. a lawyer). That's just the reality of your situation.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I have purchased, either for myself or for clients, many digital downloads (images, themes, audio files, etc.) On almost every site there is a refund disclaimer that states something like this:

"Our products are intangible goods that are digitally delivered, we therefore have a strict no refund policy. If there is a problem with one of the digital download products or if you experience any difficulty with its download, we will work with you to fix the problem, either with a new link to the download or a replacement product. Requests of this type must be made within a 7 day period from your purchase date."

You can change the wording as you like, to fit your circumstances, but the gist is that there is usually no refund for a digital download, since there is no way of returning it.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Remove Ads