Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Ok, I've been doing everyone else's websites pro-bono and freelancing for a while. To the point that I haven't had time to actually do my business website until now.

Lest I say this is simply a logo that will reside in the header, all the same I would like some input on it. Although the upload is in jpg, my web copy is in png with transparent background.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    The screen looks kind of cool, although the jagged edge at the base throws off the whole feel of it.

Don't like the font, though. I don't have an alternative suggestion, unfortunately.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    That should be easy enough to fix with a little smoothing on the line.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Ok, I fixed the edge on the screen shadow and filled in the bottom of the "e" in tech a bit..thoughts?

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    IMO it looks awkward. The font is a modified Arial? And the way it is laid out next to the monitor is making odd spaces. By this I mean there is a huge gap to the right of "TECH", yet "servICE" is crammed into the monitor image. I'm not a typography expert, but this is something I read on a typography article on web designer depot - you don't want your wording to create odd spaces or shapes.

Also, your monitor is very jagged. I suggest using a basic icon instead or finding another picture. Not as flashy, but always looks good and can easily be used for print.

http://www.iconfinder.com/icondetail...or_screen_icon

-R

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    For the sakes of getting better with image editing, I am going to continue editing this one...thanks for the input though , I am going to retouch and change around a bit and I will repost it

Member #
    the monitor's okay; I want to like the text but I can't.. please help.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    I suggest that you make the monitor the same height as the text, otherwise you may end up with a sea of white space in the header. I always suggest to people they have a horizontal logo rather than a vertical one.

I also suggest you do a Google image search on computer repair logos to get some other ideas for logos.

Try this: http://tinyurl.com/anerv5l

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Another suggestion
    monitor_2.png
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare, post: 246070
    Another suggestion
    monitor_2.png
    liking it..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads