Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    I'm developing a new web application for businesses and looking for an intern that would like to help out. Once the website starts generating revenue, compensation will be received for your work done. Compensation will be determined on how much you actually help out with the project. Let me know if you're interested.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    More info needed ...

Is this PHP, MySQL, Perl, AJAX, C++, Java, ??

Is it online, or a local server type of thing?
    Or is it remotely hosted by a webhost?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Really, sounds so much like a bad CL scam post to me...

The only person that would benefit from this would be you... Casual either the app does nothing in which you pay nothing, or worse yet, it does well, and you determine the value of what the person did ? Which suspiciously sounds like ... You could always say, I did 99% of the work... So 1 % of a hundred bucks ... Here ya go.

I'd be surprised if anyone on here would fall for this...

But for those that might consider doing this as a learning experince... Get a contract signed, with a guaranteed % for a time period specified for at least 10 years ... Meaning you get a % of all revenues for the next 10 years. Might sound extreme, but you never know, I've seen things sit for years and all of a sudden become very popular...

Or

Just say NO

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    If he doesn't provide more info, I'll delete this thread. We'll wait and see.
    My curiosity is just too much.

Member #
    It's online. Web-based application for service businesses such as plumbers, electricians, electronics repair, etc. Just about any service business that creates tickets, requests, or estimates can use this service. I don't want to get into TOO much detail as I really done some digging and haven't found anything remotely similar to what I have to offer.

Yes a detailed contract will be signed between the two parties. One to cover myself from the individual running away with the idea or selling it and for the other party to receive compensation once it starts coming in.

I had the email notification setup and I just got an email so sorry for the delay in response.

It's not a scam. I'm merely doing this as a side job as I have a full time job during the week and do coding on the side to keep my skills fresh.

Coding used: HTML5, CSS3, PHP, MySQL

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Where do you live? In the U.S., and if so, where?
    And so it's not really a website, but an online web-based application?
    The user-interface is via a mobile type device (laptop, tablet, smartphone?)
    How much experience do you have with PHP, MySQL?

Member #
    Orlando, FL right by SeaWorld actually

it is a website. repairbetatool.atwebpages.com Plan to launch it to the public March 1st, 2013. I already have businesses I've signed up to beta test the application. The URL will be www.bizsolsystems.com once I finish up a few more tools it will have.

It will be PC, mobile and Tablet friendly on all browsers. Code is being checked on all browsers and if it's an older version that is not supported, an error message is shown to let the individual know.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    First of all, a contract won't keep anyone from running away with your idea or selling it or even building a competing site. There are certain "right to work" jurisdictions (e.g. the province of Ontario) where a clause such as this has been ruled null and void when challenged in court since people have...well, the right to work. That's why you see a lot of employees leave a company for its competitor and get away with it. This doesn't apply everywhere, but it does apply in some places.

The only way you can really keep someone from taking your idea is to trademark your idea. Since your idea is an application, you're going to need at least a working prototype built before you can apply for a US trademark. So if you're going to protect yourself, about the only way you're going to be able to do that is to build the thing yourself.

With that said, I'm with WZ in that a "percentage" probably isn't going to land you a developer capable of building what it sounds like you want. I'm not a PHP/MySQL guy (I hate both), but having built custom quote/contract applications in the past, there are often many little details that need to be considered that turn a job into a monolithic effort to try and get done (which is probably why you want to farm it out...you probably can't do what you want on the side). You're going to need and want at least a solid part-time effort (at least 20-25 hours a week) with absolutely nothing guaranteed. Most decent developers won't take that offer, either because they have enough paying clients to focus on, they have their own side projects, or a bit of both.

If you're really serious about this, and it isn't a scam (which is hard to tell at this stage), what I would suggest you do is go onto oDesk and post your job as an hourly job. That way, people know they'll get paid and you'll get to see them working. It's a win-win for you, and you're going to be a whole lot more likely to get a decent developer doing it that way.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    How much knowledge do you have with PHP and MySQL?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but its already done... There are several commercial packages ( 2 that I know of ), that already do this... It's a tie in to their long standing reputable business software packages.... Not going to name them but I have first hand knowledge as several of my clients that are service contractors are using it....

One even asked me a couple of years ago about using a 3rd party program that Does this because it was cheaper than what their provider was offering...

We did a walk through ... Determined that by having the info in a seperate system. 1. Increased security concerns with business information in a system you don't have control over. 2. The added step of taking information from a 3rd party system and putting it back into the existing system just didn't make good sense ( would burn up and benefit of cost savings ).... If the sevice companies are using any current big name costing/quoting/ management system they probably already have access to a similar system.

The ones I'm familiar with are using HTTPS for the information transfer, and all the data including an interface to their current website with an API, to route all web enquiries through their system, so they can track everything from the original request to followup for service at a later date, all done from their service managers desktop.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads