Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi

I have a client who has around 10-15 properties they wish to list

I am planning on doing the site in dreamweaver with static content, but I need to give the client ability to edit the section where they can add remove their available property

I was thinking of wordpress, but as it is only a small section of the site and I have a recent dislike of using it(been hacked several times even with high security in place)

I don't need a full bells and whistles solution as I said it is only for listing a handful of properties but I need to allow the client the ability to maintain

Any ideas on a script etc that would serve this purpose???

Thanks in advance

Darryl

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Do you have any experience with PHP and MySQL?

There is nothing you can do with your 'static' site without making it 'dynamic'.
    You'll need at least some PHP (server-side) scripting to allow your client to affect a database of some kind.

Even if you create a way for the client to edit the list, you probably need a way for them to log-in with a password of some kind. They probably have to upload image(s) also? And they have to be able to edit those images if they uploaded the wrong one. So, your project escalates as you discover you'll need more and more features.

Describe the required features you'll need ...
    and when you describe them, think ahead about what the client is going to require.
    Andrew Yurlov likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Keep it static and just add unify cms to it; Pulse CMS is another option

Remove Ads