Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Hello. I have a client that wants to be able to add content once his site re-design is launched. He sells boats and wants to showcase them via an image slider as a thumbnail nav, then whatever thumbnail is clicked, the image gallery loads (via iframe more than likely) and that particular boat is show cased. I have all this worked out with the iframe and the thumbnail nav, as well as the image showcase, but I'm afraid for him to get in the back end and try to add/edit content himself is going to be a nightmare. I have tried to talk him into just letting me do it, but he's dead set on doing it himself. My question: Does anyone know of a good slider/nav combo that is really simple to use and edit? He has been using jalbum (jalbum.net) for his old site, but wants to get away from it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Does he only need to upload images, or is there a whole deal with photos, captions, descriptions, etc.

And can the website be done using WordPress? That would be fairly easy to train someone on how to upload photos and edit content.

And can we see the website? Or do a private conversation with me so I can see it?

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Use reverse psychology and pick a very difficult client unfriendly CMF like Drupal. After a few tries your client will give up and never try to do things himself again.
    Ronald Roe likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim, post: 247662
    And can the website be done using WordPress? That would be fairly easy to train someone on how to upload photos and edit content.
    I second this idea. It isn't difficult to set up WP so that adding to his slider is as easy as creating a new blog post with the photo in a particular category.

Another option you might try is one of the exterior CMSs, like CushyCMS or FreeCMS. It would be a little more involved for him, but you could tack it on without having to start over. It's pretty much as simple for you as adding a class to the areas you want him to be able to edit, and he edits them through a TinyMCE-style editor.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Remove Ads