Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Hi,

I saw something on a news/magazine site and I was wondering if anyone has any what the most efficient method would be to do it:

http://www.examiner.com/list/the-10-...s/jason-london

What is it?
    It's a content slider. Unlike typical ones though, this one refreshes the page every time you click next or previous. And it doesn't even look like items are refreshing. Is this cache?

The technique is obvious:

1. You make a slider of something that people will definitely want to see (like celebrity mugshots!).
    2. You divide up the content.
    3. You get 10 views/ad shows instead of 1 view/ad show if you had put all 10 items on 1 page. Because the content is usually something really entertaining, people will definitely go through or at least skim through to see all of them, especially #1 if it's a ranked list.

So... anyone have an idea how they do this?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    From what I can see, its not actually a content slider, just a series of pages. With content coming from a DB and the buttons are just programmatically defined on the page refresh to the next or previous pages.

Eximaine the link structure and URL of each page refresh ... Content sliders inherently just load all their data on the original page load, and use jquery and CSS to show/hide the different parts.

Remove Ads