Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    m19
    Member #
    hi,
    i am a student at SCAD working on his final project. a RWD web design. i was wondering if anyone has the time to look at the wireframe and take a survey, so i can move onto my alpha phase this week that would be great! i do realize that i have a few alignment problems to work out in the animation and the navigation is a bit ugly. those will problems will be addressed once i begin to style my RWD.

thanks for your time!
    steve

my web URL: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~skaute..._projectA.html
    my survey URL: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XS6V3SW

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Like you said yourself, "it looks ugly". What more can I say? If you're a graduating graphics design student, I think you need to really step-back and look closer at the graphic design. Have you looked at any other websites for inspiration and ideas about design?

http://socialdriver.com/2012/07/20-b...sive-websites/

Not that all of those are your style or liking, but they certainly convey some graphic design skills. I hate to say negative things about it, but you asked. And I was expecting something way different before I clicked on your link.

Your question was really about wireframes. I guess I'm not sure what that means. If I missed the point of your OP, sorry. And also ... if Flash is important to your site, what will you do with devices that don't do Flash? How does that equate with Responsive Web Design?

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    How long have you been working on this site??? I can understand if this site is only a week or so old but any longer I don't know what to say... If your working on your Masters in Design I think your designs has to be much much better than that. I mean a lot of people on this forum never went to college for this an are amateurs and their websites look amazing. I mean no offense to you, i'm just kind of surprised...
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, it’s really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

m19
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim, post: 248078
    Like you said yourself, "it looks ugly". What more can I say? If you're a graduating graphics design student, I think you need to really step-back and look closer at the graphic design. Have you looked at any other websites for inspiration and ideas about design?

http://socialdriver.com/2012/07/20-b...sive-websites/

Not that all of those are your style or liking, but they certainly convey some graphic design skills. I hate to say negative things about it, but you asked. And I was expecting something way different before I clicked on your link.

Your question was really about wireframes. I guess I'm not sure what that means. If I missed the point of your OP, sorry. And also ... if Flash is important to your site, what will you do with devices that don't do Flash? How does that equate with Responsive Web Design?
    hi,
    yes. exactly. this is just a wireframe! no graphics. that is not the intent here. the idea is to set a modular system in a RWD and polish the function before graphics (alpha) (a style is implemented)! you did misinterpret my thread and that is okay. i am not sure were you got that I was working in Flash on this project either, but I love Flash! that is not the objective of my RWD. as i am trying to stick with W3C standards to fit all devices within beta. as far as i know—Flash does not allow you to do that very well. though, i have design + developed a fluid layout in Flash using a HTML wrapper. thanks for your time!

m19
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Yurlov, post: 248086
    How long have you been working on this site??? I can understand if this site is only a week or so old but any longer I don't know what to say... If your working on your Masters in Design I think your designs has to be much much better than that. I mean a lot of people on this forum never went to college for this an are amateurs and their websites look amazing. I mean no offense to you, i'm just kind of surprised...
    hi,
    you completely misinterpreted my thread! it is a wireframe! no graphics! the idea was to just get a framework in place and test for functionality + modular placement. thanks for your time!

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    sorry ... I obviously didn't get it.

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Yea I didn't get it either... Your should phrase your thread title a little better next time.
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, it’s really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    What exactly do you want us to look at and critique? I am used to seeing wireframes that show the basic finished layout - with placeholders for the images maybe, but they give a good idea of what the final page will look like. This seems to be very unfinished, and I don't understand what you are looking for from us?
    Also - spellcheck.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

m19
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare, post: 248306
    What exactly do you want us to look at and critique? I am used to seeing wireframes that show the basic finished layout - with placeholders for the images maybe, but they give a good idea of what the final page will look like. This seems to be very unfinished, and I don't understand what you are looking for from us?
    Also - spellcheck.
    Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000105 EndHTML:0000003160 StartFragment:0000002488 EndFragment:0000003124
    well, thanks for taking a look. yea, i have been working 12-18 hour days with other research leading up to this framework. i was just placing modules. i realize its a bit clunky and i wont get into detail as to why here. i usually work in Flash. i should have defined it a bit more, but its evolving nicely. spell-check? i do. most of the time. thanks for sharing your links. i am moving forward and closing this thread down. take care.

m19
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim, post: 248170
    sorry ... I obviously didn't get it.
    dont be...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads