Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have a php that generates a date format which corresponds to an external php file. I can display the include statement but I cann't get it to execute. Below is the relevant code:

formula="include("+y+""+mo+".php);";

calendarbuild = "<a>"+formula+"</a>";

document.getElementById('calendar').innerHTML = calendarbuild;

For Febuary 2013 the formula displays: include(201302.php);
    I need it to execute and not display. Any ideas?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    JavaScript is "client side", meaning it has to load in the users browser memory before it can display.

PHP is server side, meaning it has to be called and executed on the server before it can generate the output to send to the browser.

Typically you cannot call call a PHP function from JavaScript because the PHP has to process on the server.

Member #
    I kind of understand what you are saying. Maybe I should explain what it now does and what I am attempting to accomplish. Then maybe someone could help me resolve the issue.

My current javascript find the current month and year. It then displays it in "February 2013" format. To the left and right are "Prior" and "Next" buttons. Pressing these buttons changes the date to "January 2013" or "March 2013" and so on.

Below this information I NEED to insert "include(201302.php);" as a function and not a display. The display works and changes appropriately based on the "Prior" and "Next" buttons.

The whole thing is displayed within a table which is coded in the javascript. Then the script is inserted in a division using:

<div id="calendar"></div><script type="text/javascript">calendar()</script>

There is an external file corresponding to each month/year combination. How can I display the appropriate file below the displayed Month/Year displayed date and have the new one display based on the "Prior" and "Next" buttons?

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Not sure I understand what is in the PHP file that you are calling ???

Instead of using JavaScript, to write out the stuff ... Create a PHP function ..

Depending on the page and content... You could use a pagination script to do the next/previous thing.

Just a thought

Remove Ads