Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I will be putting up a retail site which is like most retail sites in that it will have a list of products, which I want users to be able to sort via dropdown (or whatever method). Things like, most popular, A-Z, top rated, most views - the typical things you see in retail sorting.

I am more of a designer; I have the CSS side more or less down, and what I don't know I will learn. However, I need to know how to incorporate this sort of system (other things as well, like shopping carts, submission of graphics and snippits about users, etc) in conjunction with the code.

Is Ruby able to achieve these things? I have scanned over ruby code and it is pretty digestible.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    PHP, ASP, asp.net is used daily for all the above mentioned things.

I've heard RUBY is fine for avg. sites, but struggles with large traffic sites. No proof to that and I don't use ruby, but I've read that so many times in so many places, there's gotta be some sembelance of truth to it.

Remove Ads