Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Dear forum gurus,

I am looking to surprise my girlfriend by re-designing her website. I'm looking to use WordPress so that I customize a pre-built template (I'm not a designer, but can find my way around editing an existing template) and so that I can teach her to be self-sufficient with WordPress' easy to use interface. I remember her commenting that she loves Tori Spelling's boutique website www.inventori.com. While I have no desire of copying the website, I have tried my best to find even a remotely similar website template as this one (yes, I know she probably forked out a ton of $$$ to Volusion to have a custom website built). So far I have searched "vintage", "antique", "couture" and "shabby chic" and have not found anything remotely like it.

Is there a term I'm missing here that describes this type of style? Is there a website that offers more "artsy" style WordPress templates? I've check about 10 sites thus far with no luck. Anything that can lead me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much in advance,
    Google'd Out Boyfriend

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Here's the problem ( sorry no solution at the end either ), but why you can't find anything remotely similar is yes, while she paid someone big $$$ for her template, there are literally millions of other WP templates out there, and so many of them are so similar, that you can't wade through enough of them.

You definately won't find any even remotely close for free as most free ones ( especially one available on the WP site, because they have to meet specific guidelines to be updated.

Get away from the template sites, start searching for WP Designers, these are the guys that can build most anything, for the right price, they should have a portfolio of the designs they have done ( not just pictures of them ), here's the thing you gotta look out for. If they won't provide updates to their designs, walk away... WP core files are updated regularly, and if they won't update their designs as needed, you probably don't want to deal with that as your site may not work after the next update.

Most good designers will have a list of updates they have made their sites compliant with... Just so you know they are keeping up with the game.

Remove Ads