Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi everyone, I'm new here and relatively at web design. I cannot seem to preview a site I am building in Firefox. I'm using OSX 10.8.3, Dreamweaver CS4. I can preview with no problems in Safari, Opera and Chrome. All my browsers are up to date. Anyone ever have this problem before?

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Can you put your site online and test it? Also give us a link?

Member #
    Unfortunately I cannot put it on line, this is a problem with every site I've done so far. I did try something different though: I right clicked on the index html and selected open with and selected Firefox and it opened that way. Kind of a pain to check it that way.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    It must be something with file associations (.html, .htm, .php)
    That's an issue with your PC.

You really need to get a website (web host account) and work online with your website. That's the only way we will be able to help you with real scripting issues. You are not posting this in the PHP section of this forum, but most likely if you want any dynamic things on your website you'll need to use PHP and therefore you will have to work online and do your scripting by hand.

Member #
    I tried removing Firefox from the browser list and then added it again and it worked ok, but this morning I'm back to where I was. I also did a web search and found nothing that helps the issue there either.

Member #
    The site is very simple , consists of 4 pages that gives info about a company, services offered and a contact form, if that helps any.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Well just so you know ... we like to see the websites (web pages) online if you ask about any scripting questions. None of us have time to install your pages/scripts on our own servers for testing.

You'll be using server-side scripting with your contact form ... so be ready.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim, post: 249233
    Well just so you know ... we like to see the websites (web pages) online if you ask about any scripting questions. None of us have time to install your pages/scripts on our own servers for testing.

You'll be using server-side scripting with your contact form ... so be ready.
    I can appreciate what you are saying but at the moment cash is tight and server space that is something that is not in the cards, being I'm just starting out with small simple projects. I thought perhaps there is a setting for Firefox that might be different than other browsers that I didn't know about.

I've done two sites with contact forms and the company who's hosting was great in getting the forms working.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    I've done two sites with contact forms and the company who's hosting was great in getting the forms working.
    There you go. When you get your site uploaded, ask them to get your forms working.

Remove Ads