Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hello. I want to become a web designer, but I'm just getting started right now.
    I need suggestions of good books, websites, as well as other resources that might exist for beginners.
    Besides, could you tell me what subjects should I concentrate on in the beginning?
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    pendavet likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Designer, as in visual graphics, layout, design, photoshop, how it looks?

Or ....

Developer, as in the actual HTML, CSS, PHP, ASP, MySQLi, AJAX, JQuery ... programming and scripting of the website pertaing to how it operates and actually runs?

Lots of previous discussions about the difference between those, and how difficult it is to be proficient at both.

So you need to be more specific ... what your specific skills and desires are. The answer to those two requirements for creating websites is totally different.
    VicHFS and pendavet like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    try w3 schools a good way to start and also youtube there are some good channels for webdesign
    VicHFS likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    You need to concentrate on below points one by one :

1. Photoshop
    2. HTML
    3. CSS
    4. Javascript

I will suggest you to go on http://w3schools.com/ for online assistance. You can also find many e-books and pdf tutorials for begginers online.
    abhijit747 and VicHFS like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim, post: 249305

Or ....

Developer, as in the actual HTML, CSS, PHP, ASP, MySQLi, AJAX, JQuery ... programming and scripting of the website pertaing to how it operates and actually runs?

Lots of previous discussions about the difference between those, and how difficult it is to be proficient at both.

So you need to be more specific ... what your specific skills and desires are. The answer to those two requirements for creating websites is totally different.
    Hi. Thanks for the advice.
    I want to work with CSS, HTML, JavaScript etc. But I also want to know at least the basics about graphics, to be able to deal with images when necessary. But I'll focus on the languages.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by abhijit747, post: 249314
    try w3 schools a good way to start and also youtube there are some good channels for webdesign
    Thank you very much.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by trishnikolic, post: 249317
    You need to concentrate on below points one by one :

1. Photoshop
    2. HTML
    3. CSS
    4. Javascript

I will suggest you to go on http://w3schools.com/ for online assistance. You can also find many e-books and pdf tutorials for begginers online.
    I took a look at the w3 Schools tutorials. They're indeed very nice. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim, post: 249305

Or ....

So, i want to be Designer and Developer.
    And Are you A Designer or Developer? ^_^

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    developer .. my graphic skills are not so good.
    pendavet likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Quote Originally Posted by VicHFS, post: 249296
    Hello. I want to become a web designer, but I'm just getting started right now.
    I need suggestions of good books, websites, as well as other resources that might exist for beginners.
    Besides, could you tell me what subjects should I concentrate on in the beginning?
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    it also depends on how you learn best. Some people need the structure and discipline of a classroom to get the best learning experience, some have a lot of self discipline and can determine their own learning direction. Other learn best by breaking down others work to see how its done, and learning from that.

But web design itself is more than just making pretty web pages. And want many dont seem to grasp coming into this industry, web design is like a full service car shop. One section is really good about cleaning and making eh car pretty, one section can fix anything mechanically wrong, while still another section can fix anything electrical or electronic. But you really don't want the paint shop guys fixing the navigation system, or the transmission guy, re-painting the car.

The "web industry", is constantly growing and evolving and if you're not up to a constant learning process, this is probably something you won't want to do in the long run.

I know so many people that know how to make a web page, but could not for the life of them make it display the same across the 5 major browsers. Once they realized there's more to it than just simple HTML and the current browser they have... They get frustrated and walk away.

It's ever changing, and if you don't enjoy challenges and constant learning...

Just thought I'd put my 2 cents in

Remove Ads