Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Hi,

I just wanted to ask if people here know of a simple members only software out there. I want to start making exclusive content for clients. The first thing I will add are Wordpress basic training videos. I originally was going to upload them onto Youtube, but I want my viewers to feel special. Or I might still make it on Youtube, but just make it a private URL and embed it. Anyway, I hope to build on this member only section if I have a good idea and/or I see a demand for certain information.

If I find the time and learn a bit more about mysql, I can probably make the members only section myself, but just in case I don't have the time or it somehow is too difficult for me, I'd like a backup plan. Thank you.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Most that I've done are just simple login, register, retrieve scripts.

You write a function, include it in the header, it checks their session to see if they have provided credentials. If not it kicks them back to the login page. Or just displays the login form then once they provide credentials, the rest of the page is displayed.

I'm in the process of learning PHP at this level myself, I've done these things in ASP as well as on a server in the enterprise. In the enterprise where the server is actually joined to a domain controller, its even more simple. You create a group of allowed people, assign it to the folder in the security level tab, when they try to access it, they either see it or they don't.

If your server is like most, then you'll just need a simple table on a MySQL DB to register users with and check their credentials against. If you have different levels of "members" that would also be in the DB.

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Thanks Webz. The concept itself sounds really easy once you put it like that. This may be a good exercise for me to get slightly more familiar with programming.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RDesignista, post: 249667, member: 30952
    Thanks Webz. The concept itself sounds really easy once you put it like that. This may be a good exercise for me to get slightly more familiar with programming.
    Yeah, me too. No a concept though, I can code this in my sleep ( kinda already have several times ) in ASP, but I'm still learning PHP. Should probably make myself to do this in PHP and throw it into my code library so I have it when I need it.

Remove Ads