Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Unused Domain

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I had a personal blog at http://bobhoil.com/ for the longest time but I have sinced moved over to use http://gregfroning.com/ and I do not use bobhoil.com much anymore.

So my question is should I created a new type of site at the old domain or just forward it to my new one?

I was thinking about creating a forum at bobhoil.com about game development, programming, and general internet technologies.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Park bobhoil and point it to the gregfroning site. Then, just let bobhoil expire if you won't be using it. You're best off doing everything with gregfroning. It is way less confusing that way.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Keep bobhoil as a test site (if you don't have plans for it) so you can post a link so the rest of us here at the forum can answer any future coding questions you may have.
    AlphaMare likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kralcx, post: 249827, member: 20811
    Keep bobhoil as a test site (if you don't have plans for it) so you can post a link so the rest of us here at the forum can answer any future coding questions you may have.
    By test site I am guessing you mean testing themes and what not there first?

Sounds like that could be a decent idea.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    If you let the domain name expire, but not the webhosting account, you'll still have a URL to access it. Your webhost will provide that URL. So you could use it for storing files, testing scripts, etc.

Remove Ads