Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Hi everyone,

A lot of you in the web design industry probably realize that packages don't work because there are just too many variables and different needs among clients to make package pricing accurate. I agree, but at the same time, if you happen to work with a lot of the same systems over and over, packages might work. For me, the system that people ask for and I find myself getting really familiar with is Wordpress. Now, I know that Wordpress has a bunch of flaws, but it's free, there are a bunch of great plugins out there that cover flaws of a naked Wordpress, and in terms of customization, the Wordpress codex is pretty versatile and well-documented.

I'm planning to make Wordpress packages. The premium package will have premium services. I've been giving a bunch of premium services naturally to basic contracts, but my feeling is that their value isn't appreciated and at the same time, I don't think I can squeeze more out of the client for the particular service. And furthermore, they can really be time-consuming, making it impossible to try to make prices affordable for the small business owner.

Once in a while, some prospective client might see value in my premium services and buy the package. This premium package is going to have a bunch of cool things that are not necessary to having a complete website, but are pretty dang good to have. Let me list some ideas that I brainstormed yesterday. I would appreciate if you have any ideas for things to add).

- additional revisions
    - custom branded theme
    - longer access to wp training videos or a more liberal license
    - discount on future support contract
    - additional hours for supplementary tutoring
    - wireframe + discussion before starting 1st draft
    - SEO worksheet
    - Provide images (cause finding and editing images is very time-consuming)
    - copywriting content
    - HTML/XML sitemap
    - custom, branded 404
    - super blog setup: google authorship, multiple author setup, disqus install, single post seo, social sharing tools, mail list setup via MailChimp
    - Website traffic analysis report (I love making reports from data)
    - responsive or fluid layout (because of the additional testing required vs 960px)

Remove Ads