Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello Friends,

I am just getting too much problem in email newsletter client compatibility problems. Now when i solved every problems and my email news letter is showing perfect in Gmail, Yahoo, IE and outlook 2007,
    This email newsletter looks too bad in outlook 2013. My fonts get bold in outlook 2013 i dont know why. I have read all the guidelines on internet for CSS and newsletter issues still dont get proper solutions Thats why now posting thread here. I am sure professional designers with experience in this work will understand my problem and they will help me!!
    Here is my code

Hope to hear from you soon.
    Thanks a lot in advance !!

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Not sure what your code is, but as usual, when MS releases a new version of office, they inherently break something.

If you're trying to render an HTML email in office 2013, make sure to have IE10 installed.

If its showing up properly in gmail on the same machine, then you probably have WORD set as the default editor.... Then there's the "compatibility" thing, you didn't say if the mail to outlook is being delivered through an exchange server or not. Yes, it does make a difference as exchange will strip out some components of an HTML email because of security built in.

The easiest fix for HTML newsletters is look at the standards... Then to back 2-3 steps ... Meaning, embed all your CSS in the actual page being sent, forget JS OR JQuery... Its gonna get stripped. Forget html5... Design it around html4 and css2 ...

So what are you doing for the clients that have HTML email turned off ?

Most of my clients have gone the route of generate the newsletter in PDF format ... Then do an email primer to lead them into opening the PDF....

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    One of my clients is handling it similarly to WZ, but with one difference...they send a newsletter notification to their subscribers, and if their subscribers want they can log in to a members-only area and view / download the PDF. It's done this way because 1) it allows for tracking of who's reading it and who isn't and 2) the contents of the email contain certain confidential information that can and has been used in the past by others for what I can only describe as obsessive purposes.

So that's two for PDF.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads