Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: how to design a website??

Member #
    Hi guys!

i'm new here in the forum and maybe you can help me.
    i want to build my own website but without any use of programming or codding.
    i heard about some free website builders that are pretty easy to use.
    can you recommend me about some of those free builders?? and what are the advantages of each one??

thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    That depends on what exactly you want to build. Just to list a bunch of free website builders and the advantages of each one would be pointless and take forever unless we knew exactly what you wanted.

And at some point, if you're going to build something decent, you're going to need to code something or hire a coder. That's the reality of your situation.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    So many things in life... "You get what you pay for"... I've seen time and time again, someone wants to go the "easy way", using a site builder... And although some of he's sites they produce are "decent looking", the majority of times... The code they generate when you publish the site, is so bloated and convoluted, that search engines don't even try to index them.

Of course, all the companies offering the "site builders" say their code is optimized .... If you compare it to a site that was designed and coded by a knowledgeable person... No comparison .

Member #
    I want to build something very decent, it doesn't has to be amazing. i'm just looking for the best and the easiest way to create my website.
    i heard about a few builders like wix, weebly, imcreator and more. if you can tell me what is the best option for me i will appreciate it.
    thanks again!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I'm going to turn the question around on you and change the topic slightly to make a point.

I want to buy a car and I know nothing about maintaining a car.
    I heard about places that offer maintenance packages so I don't have to do anything.
    Which car and maintenance package is right for me?

There's absolutely no way you could answer that because I haven't given you anywhere near enough information to go on, there are over 40 different car manufacturers (last I checked), there are new cars, there are used cars, there are millions of dealers and mechanics, you don't know where I'm from, there are extended warranties that don't cover much, there are extended warranties that cover quite a bit but not everything, and so on and so on. There are too many variables involved to answer the question.

The same thing applies to your question.

We don't know who you are.
    We don't know anything about you.
    We don't know your coding ability and/or design ability (or lack thereof in each case), although you seem to suggest "none" in both cases.
    We don't know what type of a site you're trying to build, or what your short/long term goals are for the site.

There's no real way we can answer that question, other than to say generally the online "site builders" generate bloated code and are very limited in what you can do with them, so most people don't use them. So we could make a general recommendation to avoid them, but it's just that...a general recommendation. In the context of this conversation, it would be completely meaningless.

The best thing you can do is to tell us what you want to build (besides "a website") and we can tell you the route you should probably take.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Joseph, what do you plan on using the site for? Selling products? Information? Diary? Lol

Just fyi, some of those free sites wind up forcing you to pay for simple options like extra email addresses and plug ins which wind up costing you more than registering a domain, buying hosting service and building a site (by yourself or hiring people). Whatever service you are thinking about, google "problems with XYX" or "downside to using XYZ" and yo might get some insight into some of the issues they may present down the road.

So again, what business will you use this site for?

Sidney Lisojo
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    And can either of you two explain why you're recommending what you're recommending without the slightest idea what type of site Joseph wants to build?

Member #
    why you choose a template. this is easy way to build a website, your work is only change the content and images. if u like to change the css file means you can do so you choose template and moderate the content and images then upload a file to server

Member #

Web Designing

why you choose a template. this is easy way to build a website, your work is only change the content and images. if u like to change the css file means you can do so you choose template and moderate the content and images then upload a file to server

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Choosing a template would work if you know what you're offering (information, product or services for sale, etc.), how you want to showcase it, who your target market is, whether you want responsive or not, and a bunch of other things. You need to know all this before you decide on how or even whether to create a website.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads