Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi everyone

I've constructed a website where the background image consists of various graphics that need to contain text.

Therefore, I've absolutely positioned divs to contain the text so that it sit on the relevant page elements.

When the website is resized using the zoom method, zoom out makes the text in one of the divs overflow it's element. This doesn't happen in Firefox but does in Chrome and Safari. I haven't checked it in IE yet.

I've tried using different sizings for the font, eg px, ems, percentages but this doesn't make any difference.

On my iphone, it was making the text larger in that element and I've applied the style -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100% to the element which has resolved that issue.

I'm wondering if it's because those browsers have a minimum size you can zoom to. The text in this particular div is smaller than the others.

If anyone can help me on this I'd really appreciate it as I'm going to start tearing my hair out soon! :cry:

Thank you!
    Monique

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    We'll need a link to the site so we can see it ourselves.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Using the "viewport" meta tags for mobile ? They set the intial view size, then all "resizing" is based off that. Some instances, makes a huge difference .... But I still find it easier ( with most sites ), to just provide a seperate set of "mobile" friendly pages... "No, I don't mean responsive".. And I normally only do that for sites with less the 20-25 pages

Remove Ads