Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times

Anyone using this - Schema.org ?

Just wondering if anyone is using this or worked with this any and if so, seen any kind of impact from using it ?

Getting Started - schema.org

Kinda makes sense in a geek/SEO/semantic way, especially if a site doesn't have a ton of content.

You can define in a more granular level, how you want the search engines to see your data.

I actually ran across this because ( on a semi regular basis ), I view the "source" on all the search engines pages and SERPS... and I noticed on a few THEY were using these tags, google mainly, and only google on their main page, but about half of the other are using it on the SERPS, and almost all on "local" stuff...

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    "Under construction." I'm in the final stages of implementing breadcrumbs and ratings/reviews, along with hCard microformats, on strikespots.com. Don't have any results on how well it works as of yet because I'm about 2-3 weeks away from relaunch. But the Google docs on the subject make everything fairly simple.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    I'm seriously thinking about addin these to a couple of client sites that don't have a lot of actual content, but they are more a service oriented company for a local area, they do real well under local, but are way down in SERPS over in the real search engine results pages.

heck, I can't see a downside to it, only "potential benefits"... Until I actually see changes in SERPS based on adding these, I'm going to say "maybe" it might be a benefit to use them.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    That's pretty much my take on it. It makes sense to start marking things up like this because then you're actually defining what sections are (or, to put it the geek way, utilizing semantic markup). So I'm going to give it a whirl.

Remind me in about a month to post back to this thread with what I've found.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads