Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AlphaMare

Thread: I want to add more cells in my website for images.

Member #

I want to add more cells in my website for images.

Hey fancy coders!

I am a graphic designer and want to display more of my work on my site. If you go to my site and click on "works" you will notice that I can only display three cells of artwork, I would like to display 6 cells per page, so 6 under "web", 6 under "print" and 6 under "illustration". How can I add 3 more cells to be displayed directly under the current cells. Coding in lamens terms or typed out for me would be much appreciated! I am not so great with code.

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by ladydiella; Jun 23rd, 2013 at 11:48 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I guess when you say you do "web" on your site you mean strictly the design part, and not the coding.
    Your page is what they call a "parallax" page, that is, all the code is on one page.
    The cells for "web" print" and "illustration" currently are inside "tabs"
    Each tab has a list in it which is the code for the cells. In order to add more cells, you will have to write the code for them into the page, under whichever tab you want it to show. You'll also have to edit your CSS to allow for the extra cells, either across the width of the page or in two rows of three, one above the other. Also, you may have to edit the javascript which is what slides everything into place when things are clicked on.
    I could write the code for you but I don't work for free, and I can't tell you how to do this in a post on a forum, because that would basically entail typing out the code.
    I think your best bet would be to get in touch with whoever did the site for you, or if you did it yourself from a template, ask the designer of the template to modify it for you.
    Webzarus likes this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Remove Ads