Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Need Help Creating a Site :]

Hello all and good evening,

My name is Eric and I'm looking for anyone who would possibly like to help me create a gaming website for a team that I run... I'm not looking for anything crazy or intricate but rather something simple and solid...

I have an idea in my mind or would be open to any previously created templates and, although I can't offer money, I could offer advertisement space!

I'd also love to learn various processes throughout this adventure and would love someone who is friendly and has the time to give a "noob" an extra hand in a rather interesting adventure!

Please leave a post or a PM if you have any helpful insight or could offer your services!

Thanks y'all and God Bless!
    (It's for a game called SMITE)
    Last edited by Er1c; Jul 26th, 2013 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Changed some wording.

Member #
    Also, if you play SMITE and would love another buddy let me know!

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    What is the website supposed to do? Keep track of teamplayer scores and info? What else does the website do?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim View Post
    What is the website supposed to do? Keep track of teamplayer scores and info? What else does the website do?
    Hey brother, thanks for the answer!
    I'm looking to use it as a location for a team roster, record scores, player profiles, news and updates, forums, and anything else that may come to mind at some point.

The main role would be to keep the team connected.

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Er1c View Post
    Hey brother, thanks for the answer!
    I'm looking to use it as a location for a team roster, record scores, player profiles, news and updates, forums, and anything else that may come to mind at some point.

The main role would be to keep the team connected.
    Connected in what way exactly? With a forum?
    If that's what your thinking about, that wont help you guys connect much. It will be more of a gimmick. This is coming from personal experience. I have tried to do exactly what your talking about and it was a total failure. No one uses the website I made for the clan about 1 week after it was done. This of course all changes if you have a huge clan. I'm talking like 30+ people. If you have a small clan of about 10-15 people like i'm part of (in a different game) then a forum will do absolutely nothing for you. For the game I play, our clan just uses Ventrilo to actually talk to each other. Nothing beats talking to each other with actual voices to be honest. I have been playing with the same people for 7 years now with just Ventrilo (or TeamSpeak which I absolutely hate). My suggestion would be to just make your website for your team roster, level, position, etc. I don't recommend you waste your time to set up a forum which very likely no one will use.

Besides the forum I would be glad to help you as I have been through the same experience.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Yurlov View Post
    Connected in what way exactly? With a forum?
    If that's what your thinking about, that wont help you guys connect much. It will be more of a gimmick. This is coming from personal experience. I have tried to do exactly what your talking about and it was a total failure. No one uses the website I made for the clan about 1 week after it was done. This of course all changes if you have a huge clan. I'm talking like 30+ people. If you have a small clan of about 10-15 people like i'm part of (in a different game) then a forum will do absolutely nothing for you. For the game I play, our clan just uses Ventrilo to actually talk to each other. Nothing beats talking to each other with actual voices to be honest. I have been playing with the same people for 7 years now with just Ventrilo (or TeamSpeak which I absolutely hate). My suggestion would be to just make your website for your team roster, level, position, etc. I don't recommend you waste your time to set up a forum which very likely no one will use.

Besides the forum I would be glad to help you as I have been through the same experience.
    Forums weren't mandatory in my book --> However we did want to use the site for a roster/news/recent matches type thing...

If you want to PM me contact information that would be awesome :]

Thanks!

Remove Ads