Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: Designing website including electronic payment option

Member #

Designing website including electronic payment option

Hi guys,

Good day
    I like to inform you that I work in oDesk (SEO). Recently one of the clients invites me an interview “Designing website including electronic payment option”. Though I have learnt about WordPress and Web Design, but I never work professionally in oDesk before. So, please give me advice that how I could convince the client and get the job and complete successfully.

Please see the job description below:

"I would like to design a website for my small business. It is including the following pages and features:

1. 11 pages including main page.
    2. Accepting online payment from credit cards via PayPal.
    3. To be searchable in different Search engines
    4. Creating SEO.
    5. Compatible with all browsers including chrome, IE and Firefox
    6. Mobile version with having all pages and options working in android and Apple.
    7. Training to how change the text and pictures in pages.
    8. Main colors are orange and white.
    9. Sample website is www dot ertinc dot com

Home (main) page:
    This page to be loaded when visitor clicks on domain address. This page has some text and pictures. A nice flash showing some pictures is an option

The other components of this page are:
    1- Top Bar menu(Home, Services, Jurisdictions, Get a Quote, Clients, Links, Carriers, Electronic Payment and Contact us)
    2- Logo in top left side
    3- Login bar menu (Top right) including "Login" and "Register". This is not functional now.
    4- "Copyright @ 2013 Achievement Engineering Corp." in the right bottom of the page.

SERVICES Page:
    A drop-down bar opens and two options shows: Geo-technical Engineering and Special inspection.

Drop-down to be slow-motioned.

SERVICES/ Geo-technical Engineering Page:
    All pages to have the same template as home page design. This page includes some text and pictures. At the bottom of page there is a button “Request for Quote”. Visitor will direct to a new page by clicking on this button.

SERVICES/ Special Inspection Page:
    All pages to have the same template as home page design. This page includes some text and pictures. At the bottom of page there is a button “Request for Quote”. Visitor will direct to a new page by clicking on this button.

JURISDICTIONS Page:
    This page is including a map showing San Francisco Bay Area cities. There are some points on map. Clicking on any of those points open an small tag showing the name of City. One more click removes the tag box. This page has some text.

GET A QUOTE Page:
    By clicking on this bat menu two options are opens: Geo-technical Engineering, Special Inspection.

GET A QUOTE/Geotechnical Service Page:
    This page is a form and visitor can fill it up. He can also attach some files (More than one file). By clicking “Submit” button an email to be forwarded to admin including all filled information and attached files. A message to be shown to visitor that his quote received and we will be in touch shortly. Visitor also will receive an email confirming he will receive a quote very soon. Form detail will be provided later.

GET A QUOTE/Special Inspection Page:
    Same as above with different content in form

CLIENTS Page:
    A table in same main template with three un-boarded columns; list of clients, City and scope of work

LINKS Page:
    There are some links in main template and visitor will direct to the page by clicking on each link.

CARRIER Page:
    This page shows list of opening jobs. By clicking on each job a new page with information about the job will appear. There is a button “Submit resume” is in this page. By clicking on this button visitor will direct to a new page can fill the “Cover Letter” section and attach his resume. Clicking on “Submit will send the cover letter and attached files to admin email address and visitor will receive an auto response

ELECTRONIC PAYMENT Page:
    Visitor can type the amount and then continue to pay the amount using the main credit cards via PayPal.

CONTACT US Page:
    Visitor can fill a form and attach a file (Up to 5G). By clicking on “SEND” button admin will receive an email including all field information and attached files. An auto replies email to be forwarded to visitor saying that we received his request and will reply to him shortly.

Please send me your proposal including work, time and payment breakdown. Due to previous experience I prefer to not pay in advance."

No more, I am waiting for your kind response.

Thank you.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    First of all, that's a fixed price job based on the last line. You do realize that if you take that on, there's no guarantee that you will get paid, or when you'll get paid. You take a fixed price job on at your own risk.

Second, I already answered your last question and the same answer applies. If I tell you to say X, Y and Z, anyone else looking for this job will have the advantage of the same advice, and as such will probably say the same thing. That does you no good, and it does the other people reading this post and thinking I'm giving them the answer no good.

So all I'm going to give you for a response is "let the guy know in your own words what you can do, how long it will take you to do it, and how / when you want to get paid." Give him what he asked for.
    Foysal Uddin likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Thank you so much for spending your valuable time for reply. I honestly say that nobody would ever tell me before about it like you. I am very glad and take it seriously as a result too. I hope you should continue help me and others in future as well.

I just want to know that how to start Professional Web Design work if I get this. Which elements need to start for the job? May I ask client to provide a PSD file or images or anything else for this job?

In fact, I just want to get a start up guideline as well.

No more, I am waitng for your kind response.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Foysal Uddin; Aug 17th, 2013 at 08:16 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    That's just it...I can't help you any more than I did. It's like getting hired anywhere else...you look at the job, see if you're a fit, write a letter saying why you're a fit and answer any questions that the employer may have, and hopefully you get hired. There is no magic formula or secret sauce...just applied knowledge and common sense. Again, whatever I tell you to do, I'm telling everyone else who reads the forum to do likewise, so I'm not helping you in the end. You're going to have to figure this one out yourself.

You should ask what he already has prepared, yes, but I'd imagine from the job description he's probably got nothing beyond a logo. That would be a good question.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    It's OK. Thank you very much. Be well.

Remove Ads