Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Trying to get starting, every idea welcome!!!!!!

I'm starting a business and need help. I don't know where to start building my site for this business....
    Introduction: My username is fixitrod. I'm a network engineer, domain administrator, VOIP tech and Basic SQL 2005-2012 admin. I've been online studying building websites but with all the modules, templates, admin consoles everyone offers with cloud servers, java vs css vs php vs html5, etc..., I'm lost. I have no problem getting server built for a website, routing ip and dns, getting it on the web, but designing the working site to publish is a different story.

My new business. We'll call it selling a monthly paper with codes to access them digitally online. I would like to have the user create a login profile, and each time they buy a paper they can add the code to their "profile" so the paper is accessible to them digitally. I have a lot of other stuff I want to do later like 3d rotation of that paper, mobile apps,having images (articles) show when hovering the mouse in a certain spot, etc... but I want to start with getting users logged in and making the codes work so I can get the papers on the shelf with codes inserted ASAP. The paper will have a code on the outside and one on the inside so it can't be stolen and used. Both codes will need entered and need to jive in some manner. It will need to have the "are you a human" security box as well (just letting you know all this in case it influences where to start). Pointing this to mysql or sql2012 is fine if you think it's smart. I do expect it to get into the thousands of users within 5yrs. Again, you guys and gals are the boss. Please steer me. I need serious help!!!!!!!!!!

WHERE DO I START, What do I need, Do I get some kind of template and modify, start from scratch, what coding, what to buy if a anything, WHAT METHODS, WHAT LEARNING, etc...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help.

Thank You so much,

Rodney

(If there are any networking, DNS, Active Directory, Basic SQL functionality questions, hit me up. I believe in what goes around comes around)

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Dude, I'll be honest...I doubt you'll ever find what you want. Not because what you have a bad idea (even though I don't totally understand it, it sounds like a good idea on the surface) but because what you're asking for is simply far too complex for forums specifically and quite possibly the web in general.

In all likelihood, you're going to have to build a plugin or do something like that to get the functionality you want. There really isn't a way that I know of to embed a code "inside" of a paper. You're definitely going to have to start from scratch, as there are going to be absolutely no templates to do what you're looking for. You're going to have to learn CSS and HTML, since no matter what server-side programming language you use, you need client-side output. If it were me, I'd go with either ASP.net or possibly something like Python (I have no experience with Python, but I know it can handle complex tasks). And from there, you're pretty much going to be out in the jungle with a knife hoping to hack a path for yourself. You're going to get very little help on this one...not because people don't want to help you, but simply because they can't.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads