Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Portfolio Concept Interface

Just messing with some ideas running through my head. It's mainly catered for a portfolio style site. Just thought I would share and see what you all thought.

http://metatrox.net/concept1/

Most of the links don't work but you can get an idea of how it works.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    I'm at my day job, so I'm forced to look at this with IE8, thus I'm sure I'm not getting the full experience. However, it feels pretty slick on desktop. The alignment of the text looks funny, though that could be due to the browser. The one thing I did notice, though was that when you click the "enlarge" button, you completely lose the navigation altogether, and I couldn't figure out how to get back without refreshing the page. Again, some of that may be the browser I'm on, but something to check out.

All-in-all, it's pretty cool.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Roe View Post
    I'm at my day job, so I'm forced to look at this with IE8, thus I'm sure I'm not getting the full experience. However, it feels pretty slick on desktop. The alignment of the text looks funny, though that could be due to the browser. The one thing I did notice, though was that when you click the "enlarge" button, you completely lose the navigation altogether, and I couldn't figure out how to get back without refreshing the page. Again, some of that may be the browser I'm on, but something to check out.

All-in-all, it's pretty cool.

Unfortunately I dont have easy access to a windows machine, let alone IE 8.

Any chance you could send me a screen shot. Not sure what you mean by the text alignment.

When you click "Enlarge" a button should popup below the enlarged image for shrinking it back.

Thanks for the input!

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Here's the screenshots you requested. I wouldn't worry about it too much, though. It's just a proof of concept.alignment.jpg
    shrink-button.jpg
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Roe View Post
    Here's the screenshots you requested. I wouldn't worry about it too much, though. It's just a proof of concept.alignment.jpg
    shrink-button.jpg

Good old IE, you are the cause of stress for many people. LOL
    No Shrink button is a big problem, and the text alignment should be easy.

Thanks for the screenshots. Much appreciated.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    No problem. For what it's worth, checking it out in a real browser at home, it looks pretty cool.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer

Remove Ads