Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: Looking for GA to help us with design

Member #

Looking for GA to help us with design

We are developing a website that would market different kinds of pictures and we are looking for graphic artist who would contribute a design or we could hire a good GA to create different designs for us. Please leave me a message if you are interested. We canít offer much as we are just starting so please tell us your lowest bid and some sample design.

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    Welcome to WDF hilbellah.

Well you sorta left this open ended for us.

What different kind of pictures will you be marketing?

How many pictures do you anticipate?

What kind of design or designs do you want a graphic artist to do for you? Website?

Where are you located?

What is your budget?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bleau canon View Post
    Welcome to WDF hilbellah.

Well you sorta left this open ended for us.

What different kind of pictures will you be marketing?

How many pictures do you anticipate?

What kind of design or designs do you want a graphic artist to do for you? Website?

Where are you located?

What is your budget?
    Hi bluau canon,

specifically, we wanted cool, unique and artistic pictures for wall decals. We need hundreds of them and maybe thousand in the future. We need high resolution designs that can be printed and made into wall decals. We dont have any budget in mind as we really have no idea how much it would cost so we're hoping you guys can tell us.

Hilbellah

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I think you're approaching this the wrong way.

If you tell a graphic designer (I'm not one, by the way...I'm a developer) to submit his/her "lowest bid", that means you're evaluating on price as opposed to evaluating on value. If Designer X charges say $2 an image but the image absolutely sucks and you can't sell it and Designer Y charges $40 an image but the image is of fantastic quality and you can sell 100, then Designer Y is the better choice, even though Designer Y charges 20 times as much as Designer X. "Lowest bid" is generally considered a buzzword meaning "I don't care about quality, I just want cheap" in web circles as well.

The one thing that flies in the face of what I've just said is that there are a ton of designers, and within those designers a ton of starving artists / bad businesspeople. So they may well undercharge for what they're offering.
    AlphaMare likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    I think you're approaching this the wrong way.

If you tell a graphic designer (I'm not one, by the way...I'm a developer) to submit his/her "lowest bid", that means you're evaluating on price as opposed to evaluating on value. If Designer X charges say $2 an image but the image absolutely sucks and you can't sell it and Designer Y charges $40 an image but the image is of fantastic quality and you can sell 100, then Designer Y is the better choice, even though Designer Y charges 20 times as much as Designer X. "Lowest bid" is generally considered a buzzword meaning "I don't care about quality, I just want cheap" in web circles as well.

The one thing that flies in the face of what I've just said is that there are a ton of designers, and within those designers a ton of starving artists / bad businesspeople. So they may well undercharge for what they're offering.
    Thanks TheGAME. I get what you mean but what we are looking here is someone who are willing to grow with us. Someone who are willing to show their true talent and all we can do to somewhat reward them is to give a percentage for each design that they sent us. Something like affiliate program. But we will pay them for the design but we cant pay high at the moment.
    Last edited by hilbellah; Oct 11th, 2013 at 08:23 AM.

Remove Ads