Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By mlseim
  • 3 Post By TheGAME1264
  • 1 Post By mlseim

Thread: 200 simple wordpress sites

Member #

200 simple wordpress sites

I have a client who asked us to come up with very simple websites / blog type to be set up.

All will have a very similar content should these be text, images or videos

All will have different social media pages that would need to set up with the same contents as what will be in the website

Any recommendations on how to go around this?

I was thinking of simple wordpress blog/sites that would be directly fed from the resepctive Facebook pages using HOOTSUITE?

Or is there a simple way around it?

The set up is STEP 1.

Once all are set up, would there be an existing tool that would manage all of these at once, post text, photos or videos in 1 or several sites....

Thanks for your help!

Chopps

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    Wow ... so the idea here is to set-up 200 WP sites basically all the same and post things to them all at the same time?

I'm envisioning a thing where they get paid for things on the site and things clicked on the site? So it's a get-rich scheme that adds no value to the internet?

Please tell me that's not what this is for.
    bleau canon likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    For once, forget the get-rich-quick sound of things. That's what I read too, but that's not even the worst part of what I'm reading for once.

Here's why that's a bad idea...your client wants to run 200 W*rdPr*ss sites.

That's 200 sites that will need to be updated every time there's a patch to WP or any plugins you may use.
    That's 200 sites that will require their own databases.
    That's 200 sites that will require a level of hosting that pretty much puts you to a dedicated server in the $300 a month or more range, depending on who you go with, since WP is a huge resource hog.
    That's 200 sites that will require templates and their own unique content. Your client said "similar content", but that's pretty much a death sentence.
    That's 200 sites that need to be promoted.
    That's 200 sites that will need to be registered in Webmaster Tools if you want to see how they're doing in search.

Like I said, the get-rich-quick angle is the least of the worries here. You know an idea is bad when the get-rich-quick part isn't the #1 problem with it. If I were you, I'd claim "I don't know enough about WP to pull off what you want" and walk away.
    mlseim, bleau canon and AlphaMare like this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    I would not touch this one either. Especially with WordPress. A management nightmare.
    bleau canon likes this.

Remove Ads