Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Seeking Advise for Simple 1 Product E-commerce

My client is only going to be selling one product on his website. And there is no shipping. Everything out there looks so complicated just want a simple way for customers to order on his site. Need a simple shopping cart doesn't want Paypal and takes credit cards.

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    He should put his one thing on a Ebay and link to that using his website. Put it into "Buy Now", enter how many units he has to sell, and expire it in the distant future.

Another company is to use "authorize.net", but their fees are more money and you'll need a secure website for AIM (advanced integration method).

If people can buy the item in person, he could use "square.com" with a smartphone. But for anything over the internet, people are going to expect a secure and trusted way to handle the transaction. Craigslist, or over the phone credit card won't be so comfortable for most people.

Member #
    It's funny how I thought I wrote a clear post but when I saw your response... maybe it wasn't so clear. He is selling seminars. He will only be selling them one at a time - but to multiple participants. . It is not like he is selling a vintage car. I talked to him about square market but he didn't want to use that. He can accept credit cards but I need a simple shopping cart... paypal was also suggested and rejected.

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    Oh sorry,

He will have to use something like Authorize.net .... I know of no other way.
    He has to set-up an account with them and link them to his bank.

There will be two choices:
    1) SIM Server Integration Method
    Users buy a seminar ticket (or whatever), they enter some basic info on his unsecure website, but they are directed to a secure website on authorize.net to enter private CC information. So, they are leaving his website at that point.

2) AIM Advanced Integration Method
    Users buy a seminar ticket and his website is secure and has certifications with authorize.net. Users enter everything on his website and the transaction is handled over secure/encrypted API's to authorize.net. The user never leaves his website.

Option 2 is really advanced for programming and a secure website costs more and takes time to set-up.

Option 1 is OK, but it's like PayPal in that the user leaves his website to enter CC information.

I don't know what else to say ... it will cost a lot to have an AIM system for just one seminar. But, he can add those costs to the seminar price?
    Plus you'll need to pay someone to program it all.

EDIT:
    PayPal is still the easiest option in my opinion.

Last edited by mlseim; Oct 22nd, 2013 at 01:00 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Max is right. Your client may not like PayPal, but it really is the best option. It'll take about 15 minutes to set up, you don't have to deal with monthly and/or recurring fees, it's generally considered an acceptable payment standard, and it works. It just works.

What is his major objection with PayPal? And what type of seminars? If it's the "get rich quick laziness in underwear" style seminars and the objection is that "PayPal sucks because they cancelled my account", you have to wonder about how legit this client actually is and whether you're going to get paid.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads