Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: guidence on how to create a communication platform for clients & professinals

Member #

guidence on how to create a communication platform for clients & professinals

Hello,
    this is my first post on this website and i am looking for some sort of guidence on how i can create a platform where clients can communiate with professinals/ give professinals a specific time frame to respond or receive negative points. I know social media has facilitated the need for communication, but i still come across people who complain that their quiestions are not getting answered.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    That's not a simple task by any stretch of the imagination, and the bigger problem with it isn't technical but that of personnel.

The reason people's questions aren't answered is twofold:

1) The professionals that could answer the questions are busy.
    2) The questions simply can't be answered within the scope of a Q&A style site.

This question, coincidentally, is a classic example. I'm probably one of the 5-10 people most qualified to answer it, and I'm only free at the moment because a client has me on hold. If you're running the site and you want me to answer questions as a professional, you're going to need to pay me appropriately given that you're going to cut into other client time. I won't be the only one, either. At that point, you need to research and find the people you want to hire to answer questions, assign them hours, make sure you pay them, have contracts that specify what is expected from both sides, and scheduling. If you don't have this taken care of, how you build the site doesn't even matter.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #

Thanks for the response !

Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    That's not a simple task by any stretch of the imagination, and the bigger problem with it isn't technical but that of personnel.

The reason people's questions aren't answered is twofold:

1) The professionals that could answer the questions are busy.
    2) The questions simply can't be answered within the scope of a Q&A style site.

This question, coincidentally, is a classic example. I'm probably one of the 5-10 people most qualified to answer it, and I'm only free at the moment because a client has me on hold. If you're running the site and you want me to answer questions as a professional, you're going to need to pay me appropriately given that you're going to cut into other client time. I won't be the only one, either. At that point, you need to research and find the people you want to hire to answer questions, assign them hours, make sure you pay them, have contracts that specify what is expected from both sides, and scheduling. If you don't have this taken care of, how you build the site doesn't even matter.

Im looking to concentrate on one specific niche market that lacks this type of communication. I am trying to provide a platform where potential clients can see the professinals credentials / see what they have to offer and at what rate. A place where communication is fast/ easy for both the client and the professinal, easy payment method / a platform where a ranking system goes a long way. a Brief example is the fitness industry, we have thousands of individuals who claim they are fitness professinals on social media sites and get people with no prior knowledge to buy what they are selling ( diet plans, fitness plans, coaching). The ranking system ( Similar to rate my professor) will help individuals determine which personal trainers are best. The communication process between personal trainer/ client is also a struggle since these people get thousands of emails / request a day. The platform i was explaning will help clients know that the personal trainer glanced at their email and will respond in a specific time period. The payment method will help the personal trainer receive payments instantly and allow them to sell other products ( coaching , clothes, fitness plan, Etc ) on their profile..

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Okay...then you're definitely not going to find much guidance. Not because your idea is a bad one, but because it involves several layers and because it involves an e-commerce component.

Your big problem off the top is verifying the legitimacy of a rating. Anyone can say someone is a 10/10 and post a brainless one-line "he's gr8" comment, but how many people will go through the trouble of saying "he's great because he took 35 pounds off of me in 7 weeks teaching me about great-tasting foods such as gluten-free buns that I didn't know existed"? And how do you verify which reviews are the most useful? That's a big thing to deal with right off.

An easy payment method depends on your country of origin. The US has several payment processors. Canada has different ones. The countries of the EU are different again. So that can't really be answered without knowing where you're from, and ideally you'd allow for multiple methods of payment (e.g. taking cards on the site, PayPal Express Checkout, etc.) It'll have to be a custom component in all likelihood, because I don't even know of a cart that will do what you want.

I know that really hasn't answered your questions as such, but it's the best I can come up with.
    gutierrezr728 likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Thanks for the quick response !! - At least now i have something to go on

Remove Ads