Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MetalBlade15
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264
  • 1 Post By Acamapichtli_Design

Thread: Web Designers/Developers Needed

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Web Designers/Developers Needed

Hey guys,

We are a new web designing company looking to take on web designers/developers.

You will begin work around the Christmas period, as that is when we will look to begin our advertising campaign to kick off our company.

The way that it will work is that you will be delegated projects from clients that we receive. You will be paid per project you work on, depending on your work-share and the amount charged to the client.

We are looking for "good" designers/developers. Experience does not matter. We are more than happy to give untested designers/developers an opportunity. We will base our selection on the quality of your portfolio.

We will contact you via Skype. If you don't have it. Get it.

If you're interested, add me on Skype: Metal.Blade.15

Thanks and good luck!

thecontentvendor likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    You're probably not going to find a lot of designers or developers that would take you up on your offer, and here's why:

The way that it will work is that you will be delegated projects from clients that we receive. You will be paid per project you work on, depending on your work-share and the amount charged to the client.
    What designer or developer in his / her right mind would take you up on that? First of all, that requires you to negotiate a deal with the client that pays the designer / developer what (s)he feels his / her efforts are worth. Second, it requires you, a complete stranger, to be honest enough to tell the developer what the client is paying and not take more off the top than you say you're going to.

I'm guessing you're somewhere between 15 and 25 years old (leaning more toward 15). There is no "we". There is no "company". You're not the first person to pull this scam off, and you won't be the last. Grow up, learn how to run a business, and post back if / when you figure it out. Here's a clue...pay people what they're worth, charge clients accordingly, and assuming you don't sodomize the wallets of your clients everyone wins.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Junior Member Acamapichtli_Design's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Not to mention the question of portfolio, if essentially, your portfolio is others' work, and those people cannot add their work to their portfolio, it screws them over as a designer, because a portfolio is very very important in this industry.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    zaidcontentvendor.. here is my skype

Add me

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalBlade15 View Post
    Experience does not matter. We are more than happy to give untested designers/developers an opportunity. We will base our selection on the quality of your portfolio.

I am uncertain how an untested developer with little or no experience will have a portfolio to offer?
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Remove Ads