Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Cool Latest trends, frameworks, web plugins and styles to use for website creation

Thank you for showing interest.

I am currently working on my own framework or base for my future websites but thats a discussion for another topic. And i must say, i dont make websites for clients, i make them for myself (and users, of course) and dont want to use cms. Now, when i have started, i want to include all the latest and newest website creating ideas, technologies and trends in my own framework. But since i am not active in web design community, i probably dont have the slightest clue what is new and innovative nowadays and where the design trend will lead us in near future. Maybe you guys can help me out and point me to things you feel is very important to create future proof websites (even if there is no such thing) and what to look for when it comes to innovation.

Obviously the responsive grid is very important for handling exploding number of different devices that view websites every day. I just found a thing called Foundation and its overwhelming at first glance but i have a feeling it will be a keeper. Bootstrap is, as i understand, a kind of lightweight version of that? I think i have been using bootstrap while modifying templates to match my needs.

jQuery is another one that is must-have in websites today. I also have been thinking about includin jQuery UI and of course, there are a lot of plugins that i can add when the functionality is needed in future projects.

Ajax is something that is already widly used but its sometimes also overused. As i have learned making websites with it, it can be good or bad depending on situation but certanly very useful for website functionality it suits for.

Font Awesome is another one that i have been using lately and feel that its very useful for making a website full of beautiful icons.

SCEditor is something i have used in past and i like its style and design. I wonder if there is anything i can replace it with that is more mobile friendly because, as i understand, sceditor is terrible for that.

SASS is something i also just found but it seems to be included in Foundation? Would be very useful for writing conditional design and changing colors of the whole theme.

I wonder if there is a website for free grid layouts that use Foundation?

All ideas, thoughts and discussions are welcome!
    Thank you.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Ask yourself this...if you want to be innovative, why are you looking at what everyone else thinks is new and innovative and therefore isn't?

You need to find what works for you​ if you're looking to build things that others aren't. It's that simple.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    Ask yourself this...if you want to be innovative, why are you looking at what everyone else thinks is new and innovative and therefore isn't?

You need to find what works for you​ if you're looking to build things that others aren't. It's that simple.
    Hi

You misunderstood, i dont want to start or build something that will be innovative, i just wanna know what is. I dont wanna build a cms that blows all others off the water. I just wanna know whats new and interesting to try it for myself and maybe include at my own framework that i will use to create my own websites to offer visitors best experience i can.

Remove Ads