Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

remodeling book layout help needed

I am trying to create a book for my future brother and sister n law showcasing the steps taken to remodel their house but am coming up short here. I tried adding a stroke around the images as seen above but it still does not look great. Does anyone have any ideas as I need some help. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    760 times
    Go to Shutterfly: Photo Books, Holiday Cards, Photo Cards, Birth Announcements, Photo Printing | Shutterfly
    Create an actual paper book. The quality is nice, it has hard covers, and it's something they can lay on their coffee table.
    At any time, someone can order a copy, as the book project gets saved on their server.

Member #
    will go to shutterfly indeed, but would rather use my own design if possible first as theirs seem a bit plain. Thanks though!

Member #
    Liked
    760 times
    So you already have a website? And that website is what you're showing in the first post? Or is that a photoshop rendering?

Most people these days use a slideshow thing like PrettyPhoto:
    jQuery lightbox for images, videos, YouTube, iframes, ajaxStéphane Caron ? No Margin For Errors

That way, anyone with any size browser (iphone, ipad, tablet, laptop, desktop) can view the photos in the largest size that fits their screen.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim View Post
    So you already have a website? And that website is what you're showing in the first post? Or is that a photoshop rendering?

Most people these days use a slideshow thing like PrettyPhoto:
    jQuery lightbox for images, videos, YouTube, iframes, ajaxStéphane Caron ? No Margin For Errors

That way, anyone with any size browser (iphone, ipad, tablet, laptop, desktop) can view the photos in the largest size that fits their screen.
    remodeling book layout

Member #
    Liked
    760 times
    @remitrom73 ...

You must have put a link in for "remodeling book layout" and this forum software removed the link because you have not posted enough. Post the URL without the w w w http:// on it so we can see it ... don't make it a link. You have my permission (WDF staff "posting rules") to post the URL because it's needed for our discussion.

Your first post shows an example page, but there are no photo captions. Will there be any captions or text describing the photos? And will you be sizing your photos exactly the same size and orientation? These are things to consider and may end-up changing your whole design.
    Last edited by mlseim; Dec 16th, 2013 at 12:54 PM.

Member #
    nvm mlseim

Remove Ads