Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

personalised image thingy...

I have no idea what to even call it sorry and I'm not sure if this is even the right place to ask???

so basically i want to create a page on my site that enables the user to upload a image and insert it into the pre made template, add some custom text (by using pre set fields) then have the image save as a png or jpg and automatically upload to a gallery.

does any one have any ideas where i even start searching for info on this kind thing???

the site where it would be implemented is a wordpress site if thats any help.

hoping someone can help me out

cheers

Member #
    Liked
    761 times
    Is it one user uploading? Like the owner of the website?

Search Google for: wordpress photo gallery plugin

Member #
    no multiple - think like on Vistaprint how you can create a custom anything really (i.e. http://www.vistaprint.com.au/vp/ns/s...53573829&GNF=0) (hope thats allowed eek)

i can add my photos into this pre set template then add text - but instead of hitting send/done and it going thru to the shopping cart i want the saved image to thru to a gallery on another page.

did this make a lil more sense?

(its for a remembrance wall type thing on a NFP site, where anyone can come along and click on make a plaque, and from there be able to enter their details and add a photo if they wish)

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    You're talking about on-the-fly image generation. And it's usually fairly involved and complex.

PHP: GD and Image Functions - Manual <-- here's how in theory you do it with PHP (never tried).
    ASP.NET and GDI+ - ASP.NET tutorial - developer Fusion <-- here's a very basic ASP.net tutorial. I've tried GDI with ASP and it works pretty well. I've even generated bar and pie charts on the fly with it.

But yeah, you're in for a tough time with this. For an NFP, you're either going to have to be paid well or really believe in the cause.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    ty soooo much i will check them out.

big believer of the NFP - part of the committee! lol

i have plenty of time to look at it all so theres no real rush

Remove Ads